Zucchini carrot oatmeal muffins are a great way to get a whole lot of goodness in one muffin. Don’t you just love that these muffins have zucchini, carrots, applesauce, oatmeal, raisins and even nuts if you like, and don’t forget the whole wheat!
Now that is a whole lot of goodness in a muffin. It is just amazing all the healthy foods that you are able to pack into these zucchini carrot oatmeal muffins; it is kind of like some smoothies are.
These zucchini carrot oatmeal muffins make a nice breakfast or a nice side to soup or salad. Ha ha I had to laugh, my son that is married doesn’t like to eat very healthy and he ate one of these and said that he was going to have to move out because these muffins were way too healthy for him, and that they had some good substance to them.
He is living with us for a couple of weeks until he moves and takes my adorable grandson to Idaho. I am so excited for him to try a new adventure. But it sure is hard to let those little ones move. XOXOXO!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Zucchini Carrot Oatmeal Muffins?
- 1/2 cup vegetable or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup golden or regular raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
How Do I Make Zucchini Carrot Oatmeal Muffins?
- Line or spray a regular size muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix 1/2 cup vegetable or coconut oil, 1/4 cup applesauce, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and 3 eggs.
- Stir in 1 cup grated zucchini and 1 cup grated carrots.
- Add 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 1 Tablespoon baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, and 1 tsp salt.
- Mix just until combined.
- Gently fold in 1 cup golden or regular raisins and 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (if desired).
- Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full and bake at 375 degrees for 16-18 minutes.
- Check with a cake tester or wooden pick and the pick should come out clean when muffins are done.
- Cool in the muffin pan, or on a wire rack.
- Store in an air tight container.
However, I must say that I am not sure that I will miss his dog quite as much, as his dog is causing havoc in my garden. Also, I am a hairdresser and when some of my older clients come, the dog is so excited to see them, that he jumps on them and almost knocks them down. Most of them are in their 80’s and so that is not a good thing!
The dog is a medium sized boxer and he just has too much energy. I wish that I could take some of that energy and use it on myself because I could really get a lot done.
Can I Use Large Zucchini In Zucchini Carrot Oatmeal Muffins?
- Monster zucchini are totally impressive to look at, but they are not as flavorful as smaller zucchini.
- But that is not to say that you can’t eat these massive zucchini that grow in your garden or that you find at the farmers market.
- You can eat them.
- Just stay away from making salads with them.
- They have large seeds and a higher water content, which makes for a pulpy texture.
- They benefit from longer cook times, like being stewed, roasted, and baked into delicious bread or pastries.
We have a dog that is 13 and she just looks at my son’s dog like, can you stop bothering me? Once in awhile, she will let out a growl, like if you don’t back off I will tell you who’s boss, and my son’s dog will usually run off and leave her alone.
It will soon be Father’s Day! What special treats and food will you be making? I don’t really remember doing anything too special when I was growing up for Father’s Day.
But I do try to make a little nicer dinner for my hubby, especially since he is always so good to make an amazing Mother’s Day dinner for me.
Do you remember what I got for Mother’s Day? The motorcycle helmet. I am not complaining. I just told him that I would get him a nice quilt kit for Father’s Day. Maybe a nice pink one. Right?
No he already got a new suit. He told me that all he wants for Father’s Day is a nap. Now how many of you can relate to that? Sometimes the best things in life are FREE!
More Delicious Muffin Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 208 Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 31mg Sodium 230mg Carbohydrates 40g Fiber 2g Sugar 23g Protein 4g