Twix cookies are caramelly and crunchy. I had to laugh because my son ate one of the cookies before I got the caramel and chocolate on them. He told me that they weren’t very flavorful. After the cookies were all done, he changed his tune. He said “hey mom these cookies are really good, a lot better than just plain.”
Sometimes things are just plain worth the work and the wait. I am pretty sure that everyone who tastes your cookies will think that you are amazing and they will want your recipe.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Twix Cookies?
- Powdered sugar
- Chocolate chips
How Do I Make Twix Cookies?
- Cream the butter and sugar until nice and airy.
- Add vanilla, flour, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- On a flat surface, that has been floured or sprayed with cooking spray, roll dough out to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut cookies out with a cookie cutter any shape. I used round and a flower shape.
- Put them on a cookie sheet that has been lightly greased.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove and place on a cooling rack.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the caramels and cream for 30 seconds on power level 5. Remove them and stir the caramel, return to microwave until the caramel stirs up nicely and is thin.
- Spread the caramel over the cooled cookies as if you are frosting them.
- Allow caramel to cool completely and set up firm.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl, microwave in 30 second intervals until it is nice and creamy.
- Frost the cookie with the melted chocolate over the cooled caramel.
- Let cool and enjoy!
How about putting some white chocolate and adding either red or green food coloring for the holidays. They will look so festive. No matter how you decorate them, they will taste great.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 201Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 22mgSodium 89mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 14gProtein 2g