Tootsie Pop Popcorn Balls are great for trick-or-treats.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Tootsie Pop Popcorn Balls?
- Light corn syrup
- Unseasoned Popcorn
- Tootsie Roll Pops
Making Tootsie Pop Popcorn Balls:
- Mix sugar, light corn syrup, water, butter, and salt, in a large, thicker, pan.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring only until the sugar is dissolved.
- Continue to cook without stirring until syrup forms a brittle ball when dropped into a cup of cold water.
- Add vanilla and pour slowly over popped, unseasoned, popcorn and mix well.
- Unwrap Tootsie pops.
- Using vinyl food prep gloves, shape popcorn around the tootsie pop applying enough pressure to make the popcorn ball stick together.
I actually don’t like scary things like scary movies, frightmares, spook alleys, haunted houses, ghosts, goblins, and zombies – you get the picture. I do have some wonderful memories of Halloween though.
Growing up on a Dairy farm meant that we had to get the cows milked and the chores done before we could go trick or treating. Our nearest neighbors lived a mile away in each direction and my grandparents on my mother’s side lived 4 miles away, so obviously we did not walk to go trick or treating.
My mother, or one of my older siblings drove us to go trick-or-treating. We went about 15 miles to the South and 4 miles North (to my grandparents) and even with all of that distance, we only went to about 25 houses.
There was a very special older lady that made fabulous popcorn balls for us every Halloween for a treat. We really didn’t see her much except at Halloween. Her and her husband never had any children, and I think that this was a special time for her to have the trick-or-treaters come. That is one house that we never missed! This recipe brought back some treasured memories of some great Halloween times.
You Can Find More Halloween Recipes Here:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 271 Total Fat 8g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 12mg Sodium 136mg Carbohydrates 51g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 39g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 1g