Taco ring with beans is really delicious. I decided that I would post this since my kids are all growing up and they are asking me for recipes. This is a great go to when you need something last minute because you do not have a lot of time. And I am always changing up my recipes and my kids will say I did this and I say, oh I never do that any more. The original recipe came from The Pampered Chef when I use to sell their product. Now I add the beans and I like it even better.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Taco Ring with Beans?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this Taco Ring (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- Taco seasoning mix
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Refried beans (or use half if you are not fond of refried beans)
- Crescent rolls
- Medium bell pepper (color of your choice)
- Sour cream
How Do I Make Taco Ring with Beans?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make this Taco Ring (scroll down for the full recipe):
- In a large skillet, place the ground beef.
- Sprinkle the ground beef with salt and pepper; stir until browned.
- Drain the oil.
- Add the taco seasoning, cheese, beans, and water; allow the meat to set on low.
- Using a pizza pan, place a cereal bowl in the middle, next separate the crescent rolls into individual pieces and place the wide side of the crescents around the bowl, overlapping the pieces.
- After you have done that, remove the bowl; this allows you to make your circle in the center more uniform.
- The circle in the middle is about 5-6″.
- Using a 2″ cookie scoop place the meat and bean mixture on to the crescents.
- Take the point of the crescent and pull it toward the middle covering most of the meat.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes and until the ring is nice and brown.
- Cut the top off of the pepper and fill it with salsa.
- Add lettuce, onions, olive and tomatoes if desired, or just add salsa and sour cream.
Tips and Tricks For Taco Ring with Beans:
- When garnishing with lettuce, pepper, salsa, sour cream and olives, I like to place a small plate in the middle so that the lettuce doesn’t wilt as fast from the heat of the taco ring.
- Use a 2″ cookie scoop to fill the crescents with the taco meat. It works very nicely.
- You can make it any way you want by adding the toppings that your family enjoys and taking away the toppings that they do not.
- I add refried beans and this helps the meat go a little further and it also holds the meat together better than just adding the cheese.
Some Basic Taco Topping Suggestions Are:
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded cheese
- Green onions
- Pico de gallo
- Sour cream
- Green chilies
- Black or kidney beans
More Mexican Dishes That you May Want to Try:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 380Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 90mgSodium 755mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 29g