Best Mexican Casserole is one of our family’s favorite casseroles. My friend Sandra gave me this recipe and my boys make it a lot. They would make it for their friends and for their families now.
The base of this casserole is crushed Doritos. Yes, that is right, you use a 1/2 bag of crushed Doritos.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Best Mexican Casserole?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this Casserole (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Ground beef
- salt & pepper
- Onion or dried onion flakes
- Ranch style beans
- Grated cheese
- Cream mushroom soup
How Do I Make Best Mexican Casserole?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make this Casserole (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Layer a baking pan with crushed Doritos.
- Brown hamburger in a large skillet with some salt, pepper, and onion.
- Place the cooked meat mixture on top of the Doritos.
- Add the beans on top.
- Then add the cheese on top of the meat.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the mushroom soup, milk, and the Rotel.
- Next, pour the soup mixture over the hamburger and meat.
- Bake at 350 degrees or until the mixture is warm and bubbly and heated throughout.
Tips and Tricks For Best Mexican Casserole:
- You can put the beans or the hamburger in first, it really doesn’t matter, just whatever you prefer.
- We use sharp or cheddar cheese, but you can choose any flavor that you want.
This casserole comes together very quickly so I make it a lot when I am short on time, but need some dinner quickly.
One of my granddaughters is a very picky eater, and guess what, she loves this casserole.
I challenge you to try it today and make your family happy.
Other Mexican Dishes That you May Want to Try:
Find a Mexican Dessert Here:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 435Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 101mgSodium 1001mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 31g