Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole is such a nice change for breakfast! I think I have found my new Christmas breakfast casserole. However, I want to use it all year long! I really think you will love how lite tasting, but yet filling, this casserole is!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole?
- Shredded sweet potatoes
- Shredded Cheddar mozzarella cheese blend
- Chopped onion
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Cottage cheese
How Do I Make Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole?
- Cook the sausage in a large skillet.
- Crumble the cooked sausage into a bowl.
- Then mix the grated sweet potatoes and butter together into a greased dish.
- In a bowl, add the cheese, onion, spinach, cottage cheese, eggs and crumbled sausage.
- Pour over the sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle the top with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
Tips and Tricks for Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole:
- Some fun ideas that you could add to sweet potato breakfast casserole if you like, are: sliced mushrooms, chopped green, red, yellow or orange bell peppers.
- You may want to use bacon or ham in place of the sausage.
- When your casserole is finished, sprinkle the top with chopped parsley, it makes it look prettier.
- One thing that I found out is that I had left over sweet potatoes so I grated them and put them in the freezer. If you do use frozen sweet potatoes, make sure that you pat them dry with a paper towel otherwise it tends to make the casserole a little (soggier). I like to use freshly grated sweet potatoes.
Also as you can see in the picture below, there are different colors of sweet potatoes, I do not use yams, they taste different to me. You can use yams if you like, but I do not like the taste as well. I do like to use the brighter orange sweet potatoes, because your kids think that you loaded the casserole with cheese.
More Delicious Breakfast Dishes: