Moist pineapple muffins are a great way to start your day! They also do not have a lot of sugar in them. Let me tell you, I have had the flu.
And I really haven’t felt like eating much of anything, unlike my son that just got back from a cruise with his friend’s family. He saved and paid for his own way. It was a graduation gift to himself. Anyway he tells me that he ate a lot of pizza, and desserts.
And when he got home he had gained 10 pounds. I said “Yikes”. What else can you say. But he did have a good time and now it is time to move on to reality, whatever that looks like!?!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Moist Pineapple Muffins?
- Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Pineapple juice
- Crushed pineapple (drained and reserving the juice)
How Do I Make Moist Pineapple Muffins?
- Drain the juice from the pineapple; and set it aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, place flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl mix the milk, eggs, oil, and pineapple juice.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in, along with the pineapple.
- Mix only until blended throughout.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Fill each cup 2/3-3/4 full.
- Place in an oven @ 375 degrees.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
So this morning when I made these moist pineapple muffins I was happy that they weren’t really too sweet and that they were just enough to get me going for the day; along with my smoothie.
I hadn’t really thought about making them and then I saw that they only had a fourth cup sugar and that is a lot less than the rest of my muffin recipes. My muffin recipes usually have around two cups. So a fourth of cup of sugar is not to bad at all. And if you are very brave, don’t add that either.
How Do I Pick A Good Pineapple?
- Choose fresh-looking pineapples with green leaves and a firm shell.
- The pineapple should also have a small amount of “give” when squeezed gently.
- You should be able to smell the distinctive pineapple smell when you put your nose close to the bottom of the fruit.
I hope that you all survived the Super Bowl and that you got to enjoy some great snacks. We had some 7 layer dip, that is; we had 5 layers on one side and 7 layers on the other half. Yes, sometimes we do have picky eaters around here.
So, let me ask you a question, what is the width of a football field? We played games with our friends awhile ago and in the game “Whits and Wages”, that was the question, I said to my hubby, I think that it is about half the length. We all talked back and fourth and then, when the answer came out, it was 160 feet! Yep, that’s right. It really is half the length of the field.
So I hope that you learned something today. I hope that your week is perfect and that you stay away from the flu!!
Other Muffins That You May Want to Try:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 127Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 32mgSodium 99mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 3g