Apple streusel muffins are the perfect way to start out your day. These muffins are loaded with flavor. I love the small apple chunks, and how moist these delicious apple streusel muffins are.
My favorite part is the streusel on the top of the muffins. I really love to have just a glass of orange juice with these apple streusel muffins and that’s what I eat and enjoy for breakfast.
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Apple Streusel Muffins?
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
How Do I Make Apple Streusel Muffins?
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together, 1/2 cup butter, 3/4 cup sugar and 2 eggs, and mix until smooth and blended.
- Blend in 1 tsp vanilla, 1/8 cup applesauce, and 1 1/2 cups peeled and chopped apples.
- Then add 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix just until blended. (Not too much).
- Add 1/2 cups chopped walnuts, if desired.
- Place the batter in a muffin pan that has been greased or use muffin liners. Fill each muffin hole 3/4 full.
- Make the streusel, as instructed below.
- Then sprinkle the streusel over the top of the muffins, dividing equally.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 18-20 minutes
- Makes 12 muffins.
- Place in a small bowl, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 Tablespoon flour, 1 Tablespoon butter, and 1/8 tsp cinnamon, and mix together.
Can I just tell you that I love my grand kids, but sometimes I don’t love my grand pup! Saturday I had spent the day helping with a luncheon. I brought 7 round table clothes home to launder. They filled my washer and dryer quickly and so I did 3 different batches. I got the table clothes all washed and a took some of them outside on my railing to dry.
Then next day I had the linens all folded nicely and then I returned them; so I thought. Later that afternoon my son came to visit from Idaho and not wanting to leave his dog home and in the kennel for so long, he brought him. That is fine, however my husband says to me “you are brave having a tablecloth outside with that dog around”. I thought to myself what is he talking about, I took all those linens back.
Then he says and it has a big stain on it! Rrrrrrrr!! Yep you guessed it, his dog is a boy and peed on my tablecloth. The day before that tablecloth had blown down into the window well and my other son had gotten it out and hung it back on the railing for me.
What is the Difference Between Strudel and Streusel?
- Strudel is a dessert made of layers of thin sheets of pastry wrapped around a fruit filling.
- Streusel is the sugary crumble topping found on some fruit pies or cakes.
In my rage of grumpiness I texted my son and said, “your dog is dead to me”. Then I add the cute little skull ☠️and hit send. About 30 minutes later, after my family had laughed their heads off, I decided to join them. After all it was just a table cloth and nothing that a lot of bleach and soap and good old elbow grease can’t fix! Good as new right!?!
So I decided that it was time to make up and stop being so grumpy, he had come and gotten his dog and taken it to the in-laws with him. I decided if I keep acting like that, they will never come and visit! SO then my son asked me for a recipe, for Oreo cookies and I told him that it was on the blog and to tell his dog that I like him. Love is too much just yet!
Oh my friends, life is too short. Clean up the tablecloth and clean up your relationships. Life is short and meant to be enjoyed. The crazy little things like these, are the ones that we remember, and that we can look back on and have a good laugh. Go get some apple streusel muffins and share them with your loved ones. Enjoy the journey!
More Apple Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 277Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 54mgSodium 220mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 1gSugar 20gProtein 4g