One of the best things about these healthy fiber muffins is that this recipe makes a large batch and you can keep the rest of the batter in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. That way any morning or after school you can plop some muffins in the stove and you will have a snack.
Perfect for the busy people in this day and age. Also I must brag as a proud mom, my youngest son made the mug in my photo in his ceramics class! He is doing a great job!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Healthy Fiber Muffins?
- All-Bran fiber
- Golden raisins
- Regular raisins or dried cranberries
- Bran Flakes
How Do I Make Healthy Fiber Muffins?
- Line or grease muffin pans for 24 muffins.
- Place All-Bran fiber cereal in a in a large bowl; cover with boiling water.
- Stir gently to make all the cereal moistened, and set it aside.
- In a different bowl, put raisins and, or cranberries and cover with hot tap water.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat again.
- Add bran flakes and buttermilk to the bowl of bran.
- Then add butter, sugar and egg mixture; stir gently.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon and soda.
- Drain water off the raisins; add them and the nuts and stir gently.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake @ 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
Isn’t it interesting how many things we do on the computer in this day and age. I have been trying to get this recipe on the computer for a day! First my son had to do his power point which is great, all parents LOVE when our kids decide to do their homework! Then my husband had to pay the bills.
I think that food should come first, don’t you all agree? Eat first, work later. And yes these will give you some good energy. Just remember, do not eat too many if you are not use to fiber. My cute daughter even came in and said, “mom, these are really good”.
Just be careful when storing them. I put them in an airtight container, but I leave a crack in the top because they are so moist, you don’t want them to go soggy. If you don’t want so many healthy fiber muffins, just make a half of batch. So good!
Other Muffins that You May Want to Try:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 142Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 19mgSodium 109mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 2gSugar 13gProtein 3g