Here we are again, the season of LOVE is upon us. Now you all know that the best way for someone to know that you truly care about them is to feed them. So today, we are doing an easy creamy chocolate fondue.
I put my chocolate in a double boiler, where the pan that has the chocolate in it, sits in the pan that has water in it. This helps the chocolate to melt more evenly and helps to keep the chocolate from scorching.
Why Should I use a Double Boiler to Melt the Chocolate in Easy Creamy Chocolate Fondue?
- A double boiler gives you the best control over the heat.
- The steam of the simmering water gently melts the chocolate so that it doesn’t burn.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Easy Creamy Chocolate Fondue?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this appetizer (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Whipping cream
Options for Dipping:
- Banana slices
- Mandarin oranges
- Cinnamon bears
- Vanilla wafers
- Angel food cake cubes
How Do I Make Easy Creamy Chocolate Fondue?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make this appetizer (scroll down for the full recipe):
- In a double boiler or sauce pan, melt the chocolate chips over low heat, stirring frequently.
- When the chocolate is melted whisk the whipping cream into the melted chocolate.
- Place the fondue into a crock pot or a bowl, put the crock pot on the lowest setting to allow it to keep slightly warm. If your crock pot is too hot just place the fondue into a nice bowl and allow your guest to dip out of the bowl.
- It will stay soft for 30-40 minutes.
- If you do not have sticks for fondue, put some tooth picks out and let your guests use the tooth picks to dip their choice of food dippers into the fondue.
As you can see, when you add the cream, it lightens up the color of the chocolate.
More Fun Ideas For Food Items to Dip in Your Easy Creamy Chocolate Fondue:
- Just ask your kids what they want to dip and they just might come up with some amazing ideas!
- You can even do Rice Krispies, some potato chips and don’t forget the Oreo’s.
You can dip anything that you have on hand. Make this a fun activity for your family. Cinnamon bears would also be great for Valentines Day!
More Delicious Appetizers For You:
Options for dipping:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 307Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 30mgSodium 84mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 3gSugar 20gProtein 3g