Best ever carrot cupcakes may not be red, white and blue, but they will be a hit for any day of the year.
I added a secret ingredient, which is peanut butter chips, and they were amazing.
I took best ever carrot cupcakes to work the other day and they were a hit; my boss said that they were the best carrot cake she’d ever eaten.
I even thought about making more, for my son’s birthday, but he told me that he wants pie. And since that’s all American, pie it will be!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Best Ever Carrot Cupcakes?
- Baking soda
- Vegetable oil or coconut oil
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Peanut butter flavored pieces
How Do I Make Best Ever Carrot Cupcakes?
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and the salt. Set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oil, eggs, both sugars and the vanilla.
- Mix on medium for 2 minutes, using an electric mixer.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients alternately with carrots to the egg mixture, beating well after each addition, using a low speed.
- Stir in the peanut butter pieces.
- Prepare a muffin pan by spraying, or using paper liners, to cook the cupcakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire until completely cooled.
- Frost with Cream cheese frosting of your choice.
Here is a Recipe for Cream Cheese Frosting if you Want One:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter. Mix until blended.
- Add the powdered sugar and blend together.
- Add the vanilla and the almond flavoring.
- Mix just until smooth and fluffy.
- Do not over mix, as the frosting will go too runny.
My garden is doing well this year and I had some fresh carrots, so I took my granddaughters out and we picked some peas and then we pulled out some fresh carrots. One of my granddaughters ate two big carrots. I tell you what; there is nothing like a fresh carrot and fresh peas, and fresh everything that is in the garden.
How Do I Choose the Best Carrots to Purchase?
- Look for firm carrots with bright orange color and smooth skin.
- Avoid carrots if they are limp or black near the tops; they’re not fresh.
- Choose medium-sized carrots that taper at the ends. Thicker ones may be tough.
- Feel; carrots go soft and floppy when they start going bad.
Tips and Tricks For Best Ever Carrot Cupcakes:
- You could add pecans, walnuts and even raisins.
- Don’t forget the Cream Cheese Frosting!
- You could even sprinkle some peanut butter chips on the frosting.
More Delicious Cupcake Recipes for You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 231Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 35mgSodium 199mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 3g