Strawberry lemonade cupcakes are such a fun cupcake. They are so good in the summer, because they remind you of the fresh summer days with a nice fresh strawberry lemonade. Lemon cupcakes with lemon pie filling, topped with strawberry frosting.
I know that everyone on your list will love these strawberry lemonade cupcakes. You can decorate them however you choose. Today was my oldest daughter’s birthday. Since I know that she likes strawberries and lemon, I decided to combine the two of them to make a delicious birthday cake (or in this case individual cupcakes).
They are also so Springy and I remember just a few months ago, I was thinking “I can’t wait for Spring! Sometimes it feels like we have a long Winter”. Now Summer is here, but these cupcakes just gives me a happy feeling and put a spring in my step! Ha, ha.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes?
- White cake mix
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
- Lemon extract
- Lemon pie filling
- Powdered sugar
- Freeze dried strawberries cut into small pieces
- Red food coloring
How Do I Make Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes?
- Mix in a mixing bowl, cake mix, oil, eggs, lemon zest, water, lemon juice and lemon extract.
- Place cupcake papers in a muffin tin.
- Fill 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- When cupcakes are cool, pipe lemon filling into the center with a frosting bag by placing a round frosting tip in the center and squeezing about 2 tablespoons full of pie filling into each cupcake.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix butter, powdered sugar, strawberries, vanilla, and food coloring.
- Frost cupcakes and enjoy.
- Keep refrigerated.
Summer is starting to wind down and school has started for some and will soon be starting for others. Why not make some strawberry lemonade cupcakes to celebrate your back to school!
I remember when I was young and going back to school. I think that parents tricked you into thinking that school was fun by getting you some fun new clothes. I loved going with my mom and being able to get a couple of pairs of pants and a few new shirts, and my favorite was new shoes. Being the youngest of eight, there wasn’t a lot of money for new shoes and so that was a real luxury.
Last year I worked at Kohl’s and my kids were definitely not in the need for want of clothes. The other day when my son finally decided to do laundry, I almost passed out when I saw how many clothes he had. Several months ago, right before Christmas, I decided to give myself a raise and quit working at Kohl’s and I did.
I miss the people that I worked with, but I do not miss going there in the mornings. Now here I am writing this blog instead! And guess what, I am in my pajamas. I couldn’t go to Kohl’s in my pajamas. And I get to make fun recipes, like these strawberry lemonade cupcakes, that you and I can enjoy and make great memories with our families.
How to Fill Your Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes:
If you haven’t filled cupcakes before, you might think that it is complicated or that it would require some special equipment. I know that that is what I thought before I tried it. But in reality it is really simple.
Steps to Filling Cupcakes:
- After your cupcakes are baked, let them fully cool.
- Using a small paring knife, cut out a small inverted cone-shaped area from the center of each cupcake, giving each cupcake a small well.
- Using a Frosting Bag and a Round Frosting Tip, fill each well with your filling OR, Using a small spoon or a pair of spoons, fill each well with your filling.
- Pipe or Spread frosting directly on top of your filled cupcakes OR, thinly slice the top off of each cone that you removed from the cupcakes, and place the thin top layer back on top of the curd.
- Frost as desired.
One thing that we did last night, was talk about service. We talked about how serving someone else can turn a bad day into a better day or a good day into an even better day! SO I asked each of my children to do something nice for somebody else.
I took dinner to my cute neighbor that is a widow, and my husband took brownies to the neighbor and my youngest took brownies to his girlfriend’s family and the other two, have not yet done their good deed for anyone.
Tips and Tricks For Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes:
- You may use a regular baggie to fill the cupcakes. Place the filling in the baggy and snip off the corner.
- If you do not have freeze dried strawberries, I have been sneaky and used chopped craisins.
I love the thought, “how can I serve someone today or even right now”. I have always felt that making food was a great way to serve your family. The only problem with that is that in a few weeks I am going on vacation and I told my daughter that she could make something and put it on the blog.
I had to laugh at her response. She said “dear friends, here is a picture of a rotisserie chicken; make sure that you buy it yourself so that you get to eat more than your brothers do”!! Well as you can see that didn’t work out how I planned.
I know that they will live because they like pancakes and waffles and I know that they know how to make those. Cold cereal is something that they make very well also. They are very lucky that there are a few fast food places just up the street. Hmm. I hope that they miss me while I am gone. But I am pretty sure that I will go into shock not having to cook. All I can say is that I will pray for them. 🙂
More Cupcakes for You to Enjoy:
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 302Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 46mgSodium 81mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 0gSugar 48gProtein 2g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix