Get ready for chocolate cinnamon cup cakes that are rich, smooth and so creamy that they melt in your mouth. You can make them for the Super-Bowl or for a special Valentine in your life. They are fun to decorate and kids will love them!
You might even want to make them for a special birthday. My 2 year old granddaughter started singing Happy Birthday to ME when I gave her one of these cupcakes, (even though her birthday is in August). She thinks that if she gets a cupcake that is decorated so pretty, that it is for her birthday!
If you wanted to change it up a bit, you can add 1/2 cup cocoa powder to the frosting and have chocolate, on top of chocolate. So no matter how you decorate these, you will get a thank you, and smiles.
Making Your Chocolate Cinnamon Cup Cakes Beautiful:
Isn’t it so funny how things just taste better when they look beautiful. That is, until you take a bite of something that really doesn’t taste good. That is not the case with cinnamon chocolate cupcakes. These look beautiful and they taste so good.
Some Food Presentation Tips That I Have Received Through the Years:
- Half of the joy of food is the way it is presented.
- Always put out a place mat to put your plate on.
- Add a pickle on the plate beside your sandwich.
- Add some color.
- Garnish when appropriate.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Chocolate Cinnamon Cup Cakes?
- Sour cream
- Cooking oil
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Cream cheese
- Confectioners sugar
How Do I Make Chocolate Cinnamon Cup Cakes?
- In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs buttermilk, sour cream, oil, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Add cake mix and stir for about 2-3 minutes on high.
- Place cup cake papers in a muffin pan. (Mine makes 28 cup cakes.)
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
*How to make buttermilk:
- If you don’t have buttermilk, take a cup of regular milk and and add 1 Tbsp of vinegar and mix.
- Mix butter and cream cheese for 2-3 minutes making it nice and fluffy.
- Add confectioners sugar and vanilla and beat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add color if desired.
- Frost cup cakes that have completely cooled.
Also it is fun to make food beautiful, because it makes get togethers just a little more special. I remember a dear old friend that I use to have. She has passed away now, but I will never forget one day when I was at Gertrude’s house, she told me 1/2 of the joy of food is the way you present it!
You will always want to put out a place mat and make your sandwich look nice. And another thing don’t forget the pickle. She had this cute little laugh and she really enjoyed serving others. I also remember that she always had a beautiful bedspread and her bed was always made.
It is fun to have old friends that make an impression in our lives, but sometimes it would be fun to go back and have a little conversation with them once again.
Tips and Tricks For Chocolate Cinnamon Cup Cakes:
- If you do not have buttermilk, I measure out the milk, and add a Tablespoon per each cup of milk.
- I also have used coconut oil or even avocado oil in place of the vegetable oil.
More Delicious and Beautiful Desserts:
*How to make buttermilk:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 149Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 36mgSodium 72mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 0gSugar 13gProtein 1g