Tuscan Chicken Mac and Cheese with Mushrooms will soon be one of your favorite dinners. I love the flavor of the cheese mixed with the noodles and the mushrooms, then we add just a few sun dried tomatoes. Your kids will even enjoy this. I decided to make this while my youngest was gone this week, only because he is a little pickier than the rest of my kids. Then I realized, that he loves everything in this meal and so I will have to make it again soon. The tuscan chicken mac and cheese with mushrooms has such great flavor that blends together so nicely. I loved the mushrooms in it and the chicken, they were fabulous!
I think that tuscan chicken mac and cheese with mushrooms is a great meal for one of those nights when things are a little crazy and you are in a hurry. It comes together quickly and I was happy, there was three of us and we had some leftovers. I know that some people won’t eat leftovers, but I have been fortunate in my family. Most of my kids eat leftovers. Also, when it comes to eating out, I would rather enjoy some delicious, fresh cooked food than pay to eat some food that is not as good and not as fresh.
One more thing, if your kids aren’t big on mushrooms, you can just leave them out. I know that they are good for you and my family likes them and so I put them in. I must say that I didn’t use to care for mushrooms, but I have grown to love them.
Also, I watched my cute little grandson today and he was so sweet and cute. He picked up his toys and put them in the basket. He sang songs with grandma, he was singing “GO” with the “Frozen” song and he took a nap, after grandma gave him his pacifier that mom and dad are trying to take him off of. But grandma just couldn’t stand to hear him cry. He was already having a hard time because he usually stays home with mom. Yes, he cried when mom left and then we played with some toys and he did fine. When uncle Ryan came home, he kept giving him hugs around his leg. It was very sweet. What a sweet boy he is. All my grandchildren are awesome!
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cooked)
- Salt and pepper to sprinkle chicken on both sides
- 1 tablespoon oil, (use olive or canola oil)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups half and half
- 4 ounces sun dried tomato (chopped into small pieces)
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package elbow macaroni, uncooked
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup grated Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet, place the oil, and then cook the chicken. Salt and pepper both sides, also sprinkle with paprika.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from the pan and put the onion and garlic into the pan. If you need to, add some butter to the pan.
- In a small skillet cook the mushrooms until they are soft.
- When the onion is soft, add ½ cup chicken broth, and the flour. Stir for about 1 minute, then add the rest of the chicken broth, the half and half and the sun dried tomatoes.
- Sprinkle in the Italian seasoning mix.
- Then add the elbow macaroni, and let it cook for 8 - 12 minutes or until it is cooked to your liking.
- Stir every 2 - 3 minutes so that the noodles do not stick to the pan or clump together.
- When the noodles are finished remove from heat and add the cheeses.
- Then add the spinach and stir until mixed together.
- Cut chicken into small chunks and add to the mixture.
- Garnish with parsley.