Tuscan Chicken Mac and Cheese with Mushrooms will soon be one of your favorite dinners. I love the flavor of the cheese mixed with the noodles and the mushrooms, then we add just a few sun dried tomatoes. Your kids will even enjoy this.
I decided to make this while my youngest was gone this week, only because he is a little pickier than the rest of my kids. Then I realized, that he loves everything in this meal and so I will have to make it again soon.
The tuscan chicken mac and cheese with mushrooms has such great flavor that blends together so nicely. I loved the mushrooms in it together with the chicken, they were fabulous!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Tuscan Chicken Mac and Cheese With Mushrooms?
- Chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking oil
- Garlic cloves
- Chicken broth
- Chicken broth
- Half and half
- Sun dried tomato
- Italian seasoning mix
- Elbow macaroni
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Baby spinach leaves
- Parsley for garnish
How Do I Make Tuscan Chicken Mac and Cheese With Mushrooms?
- In a large skillet, place the oil, and then cook the chicken. Salt and pepper both sides, also sprinkle with paprika.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from the pan and put the onion and garlic into the pan.
- In a small skillet cook the mushrooms until they are soft.
- When the onion is soft, add 1/2 cup chicken broth, and the flour. Stir for about 1 minute, then add the rest of the chicken broth, the half and half and the sun dried tomatoes.
- Sprinkle in the Italian seasoning mix.
- Then add the elbow macaroni, and let it cook for 8-12 minutes or until it is cooked to your liking.
- Stir every 2-3 minutes so that the noodles do not stick to the pan or clump together.
- When the noodles are finished, remove from heat and add the cheeses.
- Then add the spinach and stir until mixed together.
- Cut chicken into small chunks and add to the mixture.
- Garnish with parsley.
I think that tuscan chicken mac and cheese with mushrooms is a great meal for one of those nights when things are a little crazy and you are in a hurry. It comes together quickly and I was happy that there were three of us and we had some leftovers.
I know that some people won’t eat leftovers, but I have been fortunate in my family. Most of my kids eat leftovers. Also, when it comes to eating out, I would rather enjoy some delicious, fresh cooked food than pay to eat some food that is not as good and not as fresh.
Tips and Tricks For Tuscan Chicken Mac and Cheese With Mushrooms:
- Cook your chicken in a large skillet and then finish the rest of the dish in the same skillet, making clean up very easy.
- Cut the sun dried tomatoes with a sharp knife. I tried to use my chopper and it didn’t work so well.
- You may also want to try gluten free pasta, for those who are not able to have gluten.
- Don’t tell your family that this has sun dried tomatoes in it, and they will all love it even more!
One more thing, if your kids aren’t big on mushrooms, you can just leave them out. I know that they are good for you and my family likes them and so I put them in. I must say that I didn’t use to care for mushrooms, but I have grown to love them.
Also, I watched my cute little grandson today and he was so sweet and cute. He picked up his toys and put them in the basket. He sang songs with grandma, he was singing “GO” with the “Frozen” song and he took a nap, after grandma gave him his pacifier that mom and dad are trying to take him off of.
But grandma just couldn’t stand to hear him cry. He was already having a hard time because he usually stays home with mom. Yes, he cried when mom left and then we played with some toys and he did fine. When uncle Ryan came home, he kept giving him hugs around his leg. It was very sweet. What a sweet boy he is. All my grandchildren are awesome!
More Main Dishes Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 491Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 116mgSodium 882mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 6gSugar 14gProtein 34g