Two Ingredient Bagels come together so easily; it is simply a matter of grabbing a bowl, adding some self rising flour and some yogurt, and mixing the two together.
After you have combined the two, you will want to place a small amount of dough on to the counter and knead the bagel dough together for about 4-5 minutes.
Two ingredient bagels are a great way to start the day and they have a sour dough taste, which comes from using the yogurt.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Two Ingredient Bagels?
- Self rising flour
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Fine sea salt
- Sesame seeds, Poppy seeds, or sprinkle on Everything Bagel Seasoning Mix
How Do I Make Two Ingredient Bagels?
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, place the flour, then add the yogurt, and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- If the dough seems too dry, add just a bit more yogurt, until the dough is all combined, (the dough will be slightly tacky).
- Then place the dough out onto a floured surface.
- Knead the dough for about 4-5 minutes, adding flour if needed.
- When the dough is nice and smooth, divide the dough into 8 equal pieces. (I use a pizza cutter).
- Take each piece and and roll them into balls.
- In the center of each ball poke your thumb through making a hole.
- Place each bagel onto a prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking sheet.
- It will make 8 bagels and they will be about 1/2 the size of the bagels that you purchase.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg, salt, and the water.
- Wash the bagels with the mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bagels from the oven and the turn the oven to 450 degrees.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 2-3 minutes, or until the bagels are nice and brown.
- We enjoy the bagels fresh out of the oven, or store any reaming bagels in a baggy for 3-4 days.
- Spread cream cheese or butter on your bagel.
What is Kneading?
- Kneading is when you work the dough, adding flour or more moisture, and putting air into the dough, and is usually done by hand.
- Also kneading the dough, is for developing the gluten in the flour, which give the bread its texture and shape.
What Is A Bagel?
- A Bagel is a doughnut-shaped yeast-leavened roll that is characterized by a crisp, shiny crust and a dense interior.
- Long regarded as a Jewish specialty item, the bagel is commonly eaten as a breakfast food or snack, often with toppings such as cream cheese.
Things You Can Add To Two Ingredient Bagels:
- You may want to top your bagel with cinnamon.
- Try adding some nut butters or even some jam.
- You could also try adding some cheese on top when you take the bagels out of the oven. They are hot enough that the cheese will melt if you add it right away.
Other Fun Breads that You May Want to Try:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 193Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 25mgSodium 527mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 9g