Turkey and Apricot Tortilla Wraps combine jam, cream cheese and turkey with carrots, peppers and onions on a tortilla wrap to make a most flavorful little appetizer. It is a great way to use up any leftover turkey. If you don’t have any leftover turkey, you can buy some nicer lunch meat.
These Turkey and Apricot Tortilla Wraps make a perfect after school snack, game day treat, or they are even great for a bridal or baby shower.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Turkey and Apricot Tortilla Wraps?
- Turkey slices
- Cream Cheese
- Apricot Jam
- Diced Bell pepper
- Green onions
- Shredded Carrots
How Do I Make Turkey and Apricot Tortilla Wraps?
- Spread the cream cheese over the tortilla wraps.
- Next add the turkey slices.
- Spread the jam over the entire top of the tortilla.
- Next sprinkle the bell peppers over the jam.
- Sprinkle lightly with green onions.
- Add shredded carrots.
- Roll the mixture up, and with the end side down, place them in the refrigerator.
- Cut the wraps into bite size wheels.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
What is the Difference between Jam and Preserves?
- Jam is made with mashed fruit.
- Preserves have whole fruit or large pieces of fruit.
Are Different Colored Bell Peppers Different?
- Green, yellow, orange, and red bell peppers are all the same type of pepper; just at different stages of ripeness.
- Green peppers are unripe, yellow and orange peppers are at various stages of ripeness, and red peppers are fully ripe.
- As the peppers age and ripen, their taste and their health benefits also change.
Tips and Tricks For Turkey and Apricot Tortilla Wraps:
- Use wheat tortillas if you prefer.
- You can use jam or preserves, it really doesn’t make that much difference.
- Any color of pepper makes these wheels beautiful, and festive for any special occasion.
- If you do not want to use regular cream cheese you can buy the tub that is whipped.
- Buy a bag of shredded carrots in the produce section to make the wraps come together faster.
- It is fun to buy some canned cheese and put a little dab of cheese on each wheel.
- Or for added flavor, add just a little of your favorite cheese grated!
More Tasty Appetizers For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 45Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 13mgSodium 37mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 3g