Sweeet and sour meatballs are a fine meal that your family will love. One of the things that I enjoy most about sweet and sour meatballs is that you can either make your own meatballs or you can buy them at your local grocery store already prepared.
The amazing sweet and sour sauce for these meatballs is really easy to put together. It’s made with a few, readily available ingredients, that you will probably have on hand. Stir the ingredients together and simmer the sauce for a few minutes. Also, this sauce can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for up to a week.
This sweet and sour meatball dish makes a nice dinner for a special occasion or even for last minute dinner ideas, when you are a little short on time.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Sweet and Sour Meatballs?
- Pineapple tidbits or chunks
- Brown sugar
- Beef bouillon cube
- Soy sauce
- Lemon juice
- Bell pepper
- Meatballs 1/2″ size
How Do I Make Sweet and Sour Meatballs?
- In a large skillet, mix together while cold, pineapple juiced drained from the pineapple, cornstarch, brown sugar, water, vinegar, beef bouillon cube, soy sauce and the lemon juice.
- Add medium heat to the pan and cook until the mixture starts to thicken.
- When the mixture is thickened add the pineapple chunks, bell pepper, and the meatballs that are slightly thawed.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture is heated through.
- Serve over rice.
Be patient and cook the sauce until it thickens then go ahead and add the green peppers, and pineapple tidbits.
Tips and Tricks For Sweet and Sour Meatballs?
- If you do not have a lot of time, then you may want to buy the meatballs already made, but if not, go ahead and make your own.
- Use whichever meatballs you want – such as – beef, pork, turkey or chicken.
- We love to serve sweet and sour meatballs over rice, but if you really do not want to use rice, you could serve them over noodles as well, I can’t wait to try them over zoodles, (that is noodles made out of zucchini).
- This is a great recipe for any size of crowd. You can make a large batch if you have a lot of people to serve or you can just make one batch and feed your family.
First you mix all of the ingredients together except the pineapple tidbits, green pepper and the meatballs.
More Delicious Main Dish Recipes For You: