Snickerdoodle Muffins with Topping are a great way to start the morning. The smell just makes your heart sing, and the soft, fluffy texture is out of this world, and the topping is the best finishing touch!
You just might want to make these for Santa this year instead of cookies! I think he just might give you extra presents, if you do.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Snickerdoodle Muffins with Topping?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these muffins (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Vanilla extract
- Sour cream
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
How Do I Make Snickerdoodle Muffins with Topping?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make these muffins (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a standard muffin tin with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and the sugar, cream until nice and fluffy.
- Next add the egg, vanilla extract, milk and sour cream.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, mix only to combine, do not over mix.
- Fill each cup about 2/3 full.
- Place the tin in the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes.
- While the muffins are baking, make the topping.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- When the muffins are done, let them cool for a few minutes, then brush melted butter on the top of each muffin with a pastry brush.
- Then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Tips and Tricks for Snickerdoodle Muffins with Topping:
- Substitute Greek yogurt for your sour cream if you want to.
- You can use Almond milk or regular milk, whichever you prefer.
Can I Freeze These Muffins?
- Yes, allow them to cool completely, then place them in a freezer safe container.
- Place them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When you are ready to eat the muffins, thaw them at room temperature, or microwave for a few seconds.
More Delicious Muffins for You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 250Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 50mgSodium 234mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 3g