Pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are such a wonderful Fall treat.
Who is getting excited for the beautiful Fall season? And we all know what is after Fall. Winter is coming, and so are the holidays. However, before the holidays lets celebrate the closing of a wild year.
I also have a co-worker that is retiring and so I decided to make these to wish her well. How exciting for her. She has been at my work for 18 years! Now that is amazing. She is also such a patient beautiful woman. She has trained a lot of us and I am excited for her to enjoy the next few chapters in her life.
Also. the other day, one of the girls at work bought some mini pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and everyone loved them. Hmmm – I thought to myself, I think I will show them what some fresh home cooked pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting tastes like.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting?
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Cooking oil
- Canned pumpkin
- Cream cheese
- Almond extract
- Confectioners’ sugar
How Do I Make Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting?
- Sift together into a medium bowl, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Set to the side.
- With an electric mixer on high speed, beat together eggs until thick and lemon-colored.
- Gradually add sugars, beating well after each addition.
- Continue beating until thick.
- Beat in the oil and the pumpkin, using low speed.
- Mix in the flour mixture, using low speed.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream together cream cheese and butter into a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
- Blend in almond extract.
- Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating well after each addition, using low speed.
- Continue beating until smooth and creamy.
Tips and Tricks For Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting:
- If you aren’t big on cinnamon, use 1 1/2 teaspoons instead of 2.
- Fill the cupcake liners only about 2/3 full.
- I strongly recommend using canned pumpkin over homemade in this recipe, though homemade would work just fine. I prefer the flavor with canned. I prefer Libby’s brand.
- You can determine if cupcakes are done by testing with a toothpick. You know, sticking a toothpick into the center of a cupcake and if it comes out clean, it is done? That does work. But I wanted to share a little trick that I often use. You can remove the cupcakes from the oven or leave them in, whichever you want. Gently press down on a cupcake. If the cupcake bounces back completely, it is done. If your finger leaves a dent in the cupcake, it needs more time.
- For the frosting, you can use vanilla extract in place of the almond extract.
Can I Make Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Ahead?
- Cupcakes can be made ahead 1 day in advance, covered, and stored at room temperature.
- Frosting can also be made 1 day in advance, covered, and stored in the refrigerator until ready to use.
How Do I Store Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting?
- Leftover cupcakes keep well covered tightly in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- Frosted or unfrosted cupcakes can be frozen up to 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 569Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 75mgSodium 365mgCarbohydrates 83gFiber 1gSugar 65gProtein 5g