I love this time of year, the weather is starting to cool off a lot, and it is October. Yes, that is a reminder that pumpkin season is upon us. Today we are making Pumpkin Crepes with Pumpkin Filling, and they are fantastic.
I have found that the batter cooks up a lot better if you have put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes or more. It must have something to do with the cold batter going into a hot pan. They looked so much better when the batter is cooled, and had time to set.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Pumpkin Crepes with Pumpkin Filling?
- Canned Pumpkin
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
- Pumpkin Spice or Cinnamon (optional for added taste and garnishment)
How Do I Make Pumpkin Crepes with Pumpkin Filling?
- In a blender, add 2 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 cup canned pumpkin.
- Blend just until blended.
- Then add 1 cup flour, do not over mix; mix as little as possible.
- Place the 2 tablespoons of butter into a smaller skillet.
- Add about 1/4 cup batter when the pan is hot.
- Cook the crepes on medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until browned on the underside.
- Turn the crepe with a small pancake turner, and then cook on the other side for 1-1 1/2 minutes.
- Soften the cream cheese.
- In medium mixing bowl, whip 2 cups heavy whipping cream until soft peaks start to form, then add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Add 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, small portions at a time, and blend softly.
- Add 2- 3 Tablespoons of canned pumpkin, and blend gently.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of filling in each crepe.
- Roll them up and garnish as desired.
If We Don’t Care For Pumpkin, Can We Still Use the Pumpkin Crepes with Pumpkin Filling Recipe, and Leave the Pumpkin Out?
Regular Crepes with Regular Filling:
- If you don’t like pumpkin, go ahead and leave it out of the crepes and the filling.
- This recipe makes fabulous Crepes and Filling.
Pumpkin Crepes with Regular Filling:
- For a fun change up, make pumpkin crepes and add in regular filling.
Regular Crepes with Pumpkin Filling:
- Or for even a different combination, make regular crepes and add in pumpkin filling.
As you can see, you can change these up any way that you like!
What Is the Difference Between Crepes and Pancakes?
- The main difference between crepes and pancakes is that crepes do not have a raising agent in the batter; conversely, pancakes have baking powder or baking soda for a raising agent.
- Crepes are thin and flat, whereas pancakes are thick and more fluffy.
Just look at how beautiful this pumpkin looks; almost good enough to eat it with a spoon!
The filling is fantastic, and you will have your children asking for 3 or 4 of these pumpkin crepes with pumpkin filling!
Some Delicious Pancake Recipes for You to Enjoy:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 581 Total Fat 48g Saturated Fat 29g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 15g Cholesterol 203mg Sodium 306mg Carbohydrates 29g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 9g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 10g