Perfect chocolate chip cookies are perfect for an after school snack. You will love these cookies. Perfect chocolate chip cookies are loaded with chocolate and they are soft and chewy.
How are you all handling the kids going back to school? I don’t know about you, but the summer went so fast! The nights are starting to get dark earlier and the mornings are dark when I get up.
Yes, I get up and make my sons’ breakfast before they go to work. One son, gets sandwiches and the other son gets leftovers, but they both got perfect chocolate chip cookies today!
The youngest works on a job that doesn’t have a microwave and the other one does have a microwave at his work, so it just makes sense and it works.
My youngest has a small lunch box and his co-workers were giving him a hard time. They were asking him if he had a package of peanuts in his lunch box, just because their lunch boxes are so big.
Then I had to laugh because he said “mom, one of my co-workers asked me if I was on a diet, but then when I pulled my lunch out it was a bigger lunch than anyone else’s”. He decided that he just packed his better, in a smaller container.
Sometimes the best gifts come in small packages and we cannot ever judge the value of a gift by the size of the box. But it is time for me to get really creative because who wants to eat sandwiches every day.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- Chocolate chips
How Do I Make Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- Adjust the racks one down from the middle and one higher than the middle.
- In a medium size bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda together and set aside.
- In a mixer, mix butter, and sugars very well.
- Add egg, the extra yolk, vanilla and then the flour mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into 2″ balls.
- Place onto lined cookie sheets.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven, changing cookie sheet position after about 6 minutes, then continue baking until cookies are light brown and outer edges begin to harden. Be careful not to over bake. The centers are best when soft and puffy. Begin checking at about 13 minutes. Depending on the oven they can take up to 16 minutes.
- Store in an air tight container.
Another thing that was very strange for my youngest, was to not go to school! He watched as the neighbor boys all went to school.
I am pretty sure that all of my kids wanted to go back to high school because life seems to be a little easier when your day is planned out for you. They have figured out that it is easier to go to this class and then at this time you go to lunch and then to your next classes.
Can These Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies Be Frozen?
Freezing the Cookie Dough:
- Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough and bake the cookies later.
- Simply portion the cookie dough with a cookie scoop and chill overnight.
- Place the chilled cookie dough portions in freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
- When you are ready to enjoy some Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, bake the frozen cookie dough balls, adding an extra 2-3 minutes cooking time in the oven.
Freezing the Cookies:
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
- Store them either in a single layer or stacked with parchment paper between each layer.
- Before serving, thaw the cookies overnight in the refrigerator and then allow them to come to room temperature.
When you grow up, it seems to be a little bit harder. What job do I want to spend the rest of my life doing? Should I stay at this job or should I go off to college?
Of course I laugh because so many adults are still saying to themselves, what do I want to be when I grow up? The saying goes, “what would you do in your life if money were no problem”?
That, my friend, is a hard question. And some day, I hope that we all figure it out! So for now lets just be happy doing what we are doing.
I hope that all your kids have a wonderful year in school and that they learn a lot. May they come to enjoy the opportunity of learning and see that it is a gift that we need to take advantage of. There are a lot of people out there that just don’t get to go to school and learn. Have the best year ever and the best day ever. Enjoy your perfect chocolate chip cookies!
More Delicious Cookie Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 260Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 41mgSodium 170mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 3g