Chopped Greek salad is perfect for those times when you just are not sure what to have for dinner. This salad comes together in about 10 minutes. And if the temperature is getting warm where you live, like it is at my house, this might just be what you are looking for.
One other thing that you might want to do is to cook you up a chicken breast and add it to the salad. This is especially a great idea for men who need a little bit more to hold them over. Serve your salad with a slice of fresh baked french bread and you will have a very nice meal without it costing a lot.
We had a great time today, taking my grandson to the Fun Center for his birthday. We started out by rock climbing! I went part of the way up, but then I was so scared coming down, that I started climbing back down. My husband said to just bounce off of the wall and let go.
I was scared! I finally did, but then it was a little late and the rope stopped just as I hit the floor. I fell on my bum and then I could not get up because I was laughing so hard. But, I did it; I tried something new and that was rock climbing.
Then next thing that we did was roller skate! Now I must say that it has been 35 years since I last put on a pair of roller skates. But, again, I did it and I even went around the floor two times. I was a lot nervous, but I did it, and I am a lot slower than I use to be!
Then I asked my grandson if he wanted to go up and ride the Go Karts and he said “no, I don’t like them much”! I was very surprised and so then we went and played laser tag. That was a blast. The first time I got 3rd place, but the next time I got 2nd place. It is hard to beat my husband because he is so smart!
Then I said to my grandson, lets go look at the Go Karts, and then we took a ride and that was all it took. He was hooked and wanted to drive them the rest of the time that we were there. We didn’t even have time to go bowling or mini golfing!
I do think it was a great day and we had a great time with my grandson. Then after that, we took him to Crown Burger to get a burger. Well he loved that and he also loved the Oreo shake. I even got two bites.
Is Greek Salad really Greek?
The Greek salad is one of the most popular and well-known Greek dishes outside and inside Greece. While there are variations around Greece, it is basically a salad made with tomato, cucumber, olive oil, olives and feta.
Is Greek salad healthy?
- Make sure that you dry your vegetables after washing them. The dressing, with that exquisite extra virgin olive oil, should be the lubricant for your salad, not water.
- Soak up any of the extra dressing with a piece of crusty bread, like our french bread. In doing so, you soak up particles of feta in a salty residue of oily tomato juices and extend that delicious salad just a bit longer.
Be brave and try something new today. Maybe it won’t be rock wall climbing or roller skating – or maybe it will. Try making this Chopped Greek Salad and if there is something more that you want to add to it, go for it!
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 2 medium romaine tomatoes, cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas) rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sliced Greek olives
- 1/3 feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped pepperoncini
- 2 Tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoons pepperoncini juice
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish with a purple onion (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, place the 4 cups romaine lettuce, 1/2 cup sliced celery, 2 medium cubed romaine tomatoes, 15 oz can garbanzo beans, 1/4 cup sliced Greek olives, 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese, and the 1/4 cup chopped pepperoncini.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 2 T fresh basil, 1 T pepperoncini juice, 2 T olive oil, 1 T lemon juice, 1/4 t salt, and 1/8 t pepper.
- Slowly pour the dressing over the salad ingredients, then lightly toss and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 191 Total Fat 8g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 1mg Sodium 380mg Carbohydrates 26g Fiber 9g Sugar 11g Protein 7g
This recipe was shared at the following link party: