Mint dainties are the perfect last minute treat if you are in a hurry and do not have the time to bake something up. Take some Vanilla wafers and add some frosting and some melted mint chips on top. Even better, you can add some more chocolate on top.
I think it makes the mint dainties look amazing. You can either use a mini wafer or a regular size. I used the mini, because I love the small, pop-in-your mouth size. Also if you want to make them a little greener for St Patrick’s Day, you can add some green food coloring to the frosting. I like it without so that the green chocolate shows up better.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Mint Dainties?
- Vanilla wafer cookies
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Peppermint extract
- Green food color – Optional
Semisweet mint chocolate pieces
- Coconut oil
- Chocolate chips
How Do I Make Mint Dainties?
- Combine butter, confectioners sugar, peppermint extract and milk.
- Frost the vanilla cookie with the frosting.
- Melt both of the chocolates in separate bowls, with the coconut oil in the microwave on power level 5 for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the different chocolates in a small baggie, snip off the corner and drizzle over the cookies.
- You can use both chocolate or just the mint.
So the other day, my son, his wife and his 1 1/2 year old went to the store. On the way home my grandson kept saying, “dad, dad, dad.” My cute daughter-in-law said to him “hey baby, why don’t you say mom”? He said “mom, dad, dad, dad”. Then again she said, “what can mom help you with, say mom”, and he said, “mom, want dad”.
He is a funny little kid, and then he continued to say “dad”!!:) These little kids are so funny; they know what they want and you do not change their mind. And he is with his mom most of the time and he is truly a mommy’s boy. When he is at grandma’s house he says “mom”!
What are Vanilla Wafers?
- Nilla is a brand name owned by Nabisco that is associated with its line of vanilla-flavored, wafer-style cookies.
- The name is a shortened version of Vanilla, which is the flavor of it’s products.
And so I hope that you enjoy this little recipe. I liked it because, just between you and me, I do not always have time to bake up a batch of cookies. And you can have these done in 30 minutes or less.
And I think they look very pretty. They look like you spent a lot of time on them. And they look so nice. If you wanted the chocolate to be a little greener, you can use white chips, green food coloring, and add a little mint to the chocolate.
Better yet, if you are having a special occasion, you can make any color that you want. They would be perfect for a baby shower, or a fun little birthday party. The sky is the limit with these fun little mint dainties. Enjoy!!
Here are Some Links to a Few More Cookie Recipes for you to Enjoy:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 54Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 3mgSodium 11mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 0gSugar 7gProtein 0g