This Insta Pot Apple Crisp just might become your new go to dessert! It is ready in less than 30 minutes. How many of you have Instant Pots and aren’t taking advantage of them? I have had mine for about 6 years and I just didn’t use it as much as I could have. So much time wasted. I must say in this busy world, it is definitely a wonderful thing to own.
So I challenge you to get yours out today and start with this simple recipe. Your family will love this apple crisp. I love that you can use your pressure cooker and not heat up the house. Summer is coming.
Also, if you are in need of a last minute dessert for guests, this insta pot apple crisp is perfect. Set the timer on 6 minutes and then let it rest for at least 5 minutes after it is done cooking, that way the oats have time to soften.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Insta Pot Apple Crisp?
- Lemon juice
- Maple syrup
- Old fashioned rolled oats
- Brown sugar
How Do I Make Insta Pot Apple Crisp?
- Peel and chop up apples.
- Place apples on the bottom of the pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add water.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup.
- Add to a bowl, uncooked old fashioned rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt.
- Melt butter and add to the dry ingredients to make a crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the apples.
- Secure the lid on the pot.
- Using the manual setting, cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Use natural release. I have let it sit for 5 minutes before and then let the air out.
- Let sit for a few minutes, and the sauce will thicken and become just right.
- Serve warm.
- Top with cream or ice cream.
Also here is a secret, you can 1 1/2 times the topping! The topping is the very best part of the Insta Pot Apple Crisp. I love it cold, or warm with some ice cream on top. Also if you like a lot of cinnamon, you can use more. I think this amount is just right, but we all have our own preferences.
How Do I Get Insta Pot Apple Crisp, More Crisp?
- Insta Pot Apple Crisp doesn’t get crisp like it does when it is baked in the oven, it is a little firm.
- However, placing it under the broiler for just a few minutes will crisp it up on the outside, leaving a sweet, delicious apple filling underneath!
I was also thinking that if you love pecans you could add a few chopped pecans just for a little extra crunch. We also love real cream, whipped and sweetened. Let me know how your families like it?
I also use a crisp apple, one that is sweet. You can use some tart apples, if that is your preference. I grew up with tart apples and I think that I ate too many. We had a crab apple tree and I just don’t know how people like those tart little things.
It makes my mouth pucker up just thinking about them. Ooh! However, it is kind of fun to mix them also. You could have some that are tart and some that are sweet. Either way, this is just a fantastic dessert.
Tips and Tricks for Insta Pot Apple Crisp:
- You need to know your instant pot. The times in this recipe work perfectly for my instant pot, but it seems that instant pots are different.
- If you use a crisper apple, your apple crisp will be crisper.
More Apple Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 190Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 15mgSodium 197mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 3gSugar 19gProtein 2g