Happy New Year, and with a new year it is time to get in to shape. Have you set your new years goals? I hope that one of them is to start eating better. These healthy overnight oats are so easy to put together, and they are good for you.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Healthy Overnight Oats?
- Rolled old fashioned oats
- Milk of your choice
- Greek yogurt
- Honey or maple syrup
- Chia seeds
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Vanilla extract
How Do I Make Healthy Overnight Oats?
- Place all of the ingredients in a container with a lid.
- A pint size canning jar works well.
- Place in the refrigerator, overnight.
- IN the morning when ready to eat, add a little more milk if necessary to get it to the desired consistency.
- You can either eat it cold, or warm it in the micro wave.
- If you are making more than one, place the ingredients in a bowl, and stir to blend.
- Divide into individual containers and place in the fridge overnight.
- You can also add extra ingredients to liven up your oats.
Can Instant Oats be Used for Healthy Overnight Oats?
- Quick oats will get too soggy when soaked with milk.
- And do not use steel cut oats because they won’t soften enough to eat just with milk.
I love how versatile they are. You can use regular milk, almond milk, coconut milk or any milk of your choice.
Some other things that you can add are granola, coconut or seeds of your choice! You can use berries and nuts.
You may want to use nut butter and chocolate chips. Dark chocolate is good for you right? How about some chopped apples, cinnamon and honey!
Whatever you choose, they are fantastic!!!
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes:
Here are some Variations that we like:
Peanut Butter and Jelly:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 428 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 13mg Sodium 92mg Carbohydrates 72g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 8g Sugar 32g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 17g