Easy Teriyaki Meatballs are a game changer. You can make these meatballs with ground beef or ground turkey, whatever you prefer. One thing that I love is that you can have dinner on the table in about 1 hour. That makes it so great for those days that you are running a little behind and you are not sure what to make.
Some people prefer ground beef and some prefer ground turkey. Now let me tell you a little secret, my favorite is to use 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 ground sausage, they are the best!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Easy Teriyaki Meatballs?
- Bread Crumbs
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder
- Ground beef, or ground turkey
- Soy sauce
- Ground ginger
- Garlic powder
- Packed brown sugar
- Corn starch
- Cold water
How Do I Make Easy Teriyaki Meatballs?
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.
- Then add the ground meat, and mix well.
- Form the ground beef mixture into 1 – 1 1/2″ meatballs.
- In a large skillet, heat two Tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Add the meatballs to the hot skillet and brown on all sides, turning with a pair of tongs.
- The meatballs do not need to be completely cooked through, just equally browned on all sides.
- In a medium bowl, mix the soy sauce, and 1 3/4 cups water, ginger, garlic powder, brown sugar and honey together.
- In a separate small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch into the water. Set both bowls aside.
- When the meatballs have browned, pour the sauce ingredients over the meatballs and gently turn the meatballs to coat them in the sauce.
- Heat the sauce until simmering and then add the cornstarch/water mixture, carefully mixing so as not to break apart the meatballs as you combine the cornstarch mixture with the teriyaki mixture.
- Simmer the meatballs and sauce over medium heat, maintaining a constant simmer but not cooking at too high of a boil; cook unit the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce is thick and smooth.
- If the sauce becomes too thick, add a Tablespoon of water at a time to thin it down a bit.
- Boil on a low boil for about 10 – 15 minutes to make sure the meatballs are evenly cooked.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
Tips and Tricks For Easy Teriyaki Meatballs?
- Use a cookie or ice cream scoop to form your meatballs.
- Serve as an appetizer with toothpicks.
- After they are cooked, Easy teriyaki meatballs can be stored for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator or 3 to 4 months in the freezer.
More Delicious Main Dish Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 622Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 212mgSodium 1421mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 1gSugar 22gProtein 49g