Easy Italian chicken and veggies foil dinners are the easiest dinner! Just chop the ingredients and toss them with olive oil and spices! Place them on the foil and put them in the oven. These are a delightful dinner. Everyone gets their own personal foil packet and it makes for an easy clean up. That is another reason that they are so wonderful.
Plus they are healthy and they taste great. Now you will have the best of both worlds. Twenty minutes in the oven isn’t too bad, and if you like, you could place them on your grill. I am just not sure as far as the timing goes on the grill because I have never used the grill, but you would just need to make sure that the chicken is cooked all the way through.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Easy Italian Chicken and Veggies Foil Dinners?
- Chicken breasts
- Red pepper
- Green pepper
- Zucchini and yellow squash
- Purple onion
- Olive oil
- Garlic or garlic powder
- *Italian seasoning – can make your own
- Salt and pepper
- Oregano Thyme
How Do I Make Easy Italian Chicken and Veggies Foil Dinners?
- Cut vegetables and chicken. Place into a medium to large bowl.
- Cut 4 pieces of aluminum foil into square pieces. (About 12″ x 12″ each).
- In a small bowl combine the oil, garlic, and the *Italian seasoning.
- Place the seasonings and oil on top of the chicken and vegetables.
- Mix until the veggies and chicken are nicely seasoned.
- Divide the mixture into fourths and place each fourth onto a piece of the foil.
- Place them on a baking sheet to cook and bake @ 400 degrees.
- Bake for 20 minutes or util the chicken is cooked all the way through. (160 degrees)
- If you like, you can serve over rice or noodles.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
My son paid me a nice compliment the other day and it went something like this. He just started a new job and he took his lunch, which was leftovers and that is a miracle in itself, because he doesn’t care for leftovers. The guy that was sitting next to him asked him what he was having for lunch and my son said, “a meatball submarine sandwich”. And then he asked his co-worker what he was having and he said, “a peanut butter sandwich”. Hmmm. Which one would you rather have?
So then when my son came home and told us the story he said that sometimes he feels kind of bad for other people, and how blessed he is. Then he asked another friend if her mom cooked every night and she told him “no, only 2 or 3 times a week.
I must admit that I use to be a lot better. Now, I only cook about 3 or 4 times a week. It is different when you only have 4 of you in the house instead of having 7 of you, and a lot of the time, 2 of them are not around. So, it is usually just 2 of us.
Tips and Tricks For Easy Italian Chicken and Veggies Foil Dinners:
- Avoid removing foil dinners from the oven and checking too often.
- Each time the foil packet is opened, all the steam is released and it will take longer to fully cook when being placed back into the oven.
- When testing to see if the packet is done, test only one packet at a time.
- Grease the foil well with nonstick spray before putting ingredients in to keep the food from sticking to the foil.
- Use heavy duty foil.
- Make sure the foil is completely 100% sealed off.
- This will not only keep juices from seeping out, but it also keeps the chicken moist.
Another reason that I made Easy Italian chicken and veggies foil dinners is because one of my children has (SIBO) small intestinal bacteria overgrowth. They put you on a pretty strict diet when you have that. They suggest that you eat a lot of vegetables and herbs. If you wanted, you could also add more vegetables to the Easy Italian Chicken and Veggies Foil Dinners; we do not want anyone going hungry.
For those of you who have never heard of SIBO, it is similar to IBS. Your food does not digest well and you will get a lot of cramping and bloating. Not fun! So we are working on helping improve the digestive track.
One thing that I look back on is that she had to have gum grafts, and I do know that a lot of our heath problems start in the mouth. So if you have a child with a lot of mouth issues, be so careful that it doesn’t turn into something else. But just remember that Easy Italian chicken and Veggies Foil Dinners are a great lunch or dinner. Stay healthy and enjoy your summer!
More Delicious Dinner Recipes:
* Make your own Italian seasoning by combining: 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon basil, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon thyme, and 1 teaspoon marjoram.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 237Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 51mgSodium 147mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 22g