This adorable Easter Bunny Cake will be the talk of the table. It makes the cutest cake and I know all of your guests will truly enjoy it. It will be the perfect finish to a nice Easter lunch or dinner. I know that I am excited for Easter this year.
It will be a lot of fun to watch the grandkids enjoy their Easter egg hunts. It always brings out the kid in me and reminds me of my younger years when I use to love to hunt for Easter eggs.
We have a fantastic Easter egg hunt in our neighborhood every year. There are a couple of homes that all their back yards come together and make it the perfect place to have a lot of neighbors get together. We bring 12 eggs for each child and then we place them in different hiding spots.
We have two different groups—ages 5 and younger, and ages 6 and up. We say go and the kids have a blast. There is a gentleman who gives away prizes and he has a large basket for the grand prize. The nice thing about this is that he doesn’t even live in our neighborhood; he just trims everyone’s trees. He is very generous and just loves to give back to others. The kids love it.
Oh and one of the most important things is this; we all bring a pot luck dish to share for breakfast. This Easter Bunny Cake isn’t really breakfast food, but I think the kids would really eat him up. Right? It is Easter and we need to have a little give. I am sure they can find something healthy to go with their cake.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Easter Bunny Cake?
- White or yellow cake mix
Butter Cream Frosting:
- Crisco shortening
- Confectioners sugar
- Chocolate covered candies
- Pink jelly bean
- Red jelly bean
- Chocolate licorice
How Do I Make Easter Bunny Cake?
- Make box cake according to package directions.
- Divide cake batter evenly between two 9″ round cake pans that have been greased and lightly floured.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or according to package directions.
- After the cake has cooled in the pan for 5 minutes, remove and place it into the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Take a piece of paper and make a square that is 6 1/2 inches square.
- Place paper square on one of the cakes right in the center. Cut a square using your paper for a pattern and leave the sides, as these will be used for the ears.
- Take a piece of paper and make a circle that is 5 inches in diameter.
- Place paper circle in the center of the other cake. Cut a 5 inch circle using your paper for a pattern.
- This will leave the edges at about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Divide the outer ring in 8 equal pieces.
- The 5″ round piece is the bunny’s face and the 6 1/2 ” square is his body.
- The 4 long narrow pieces left from the cut square, fit together (with cut sides together) to make his ears.
- And 4 of the 1 1/2″ pieces left from the cut circle are used for his paws, by placing them along the outer edge of his body.
Butter Cream Frosting:
- Mix butter, Crisco, confectioners sugar, and vanilla together.
- Mix on high for at least 3 minutes.
- I used a star decorating tip all over the cake to frost the cake, but it is great to just frost him with a knife placing frosting completely over the cake.
- Place 2 chocolate covered pieces on his face for his eyes.
- Place 1 pink jelly bean on his face for his nose.
- Place 1 red jelly bean on his face for his tongue.
- Cut a piece of chocolate licorice down the center and place one of the halves on his face for the mouth.
- I tinted 1/4 cup of frosting pink, for the inside of his ears.
- Add a bow of your choice!
I hope that you will try making this Easter Bunny Cake and have some fun. I started out by putting a fruit roll-up bow on him and then I put a ribbon bow on him.
The ribbon bow was a lot cuter, but maybe you can come up with an even better idea. People are pretty creative. Whatever you do, just have fun making this Easter Bunny cake. And if your cake sticks, DO NOT WORRY, you can cover it up with frosting!!
More Fun Easter Recipes For You:
Butter Cream Frosting
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 258Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 14mgSodium 231mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 0gSugar 34gProtein 1g