Disneyland Copycat Churro Toffee is a copycat Disneyland recipe that tastes just like the one found at California’s Disneyland. It is seasonal at Disneyland, but we love it so much that we wanted to be able to get it anytime of year, and now we can. We just make our own right at home, and so can you!
For a different twist, add some red sugar in place of your regular sugar, and make this a Valentine’s treat! Be careful though this toffee is very hard to resist!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Disneyland Copycat Churro Toffee?
- Light corn syrup
- Vanilla extract
- White chips
How Do I Make Disneyland Copycat Churro Toffee?
- Prepare a 21″ X 15″ baking sheet, by greasing it.
- In a large sauce pan, place butter, 1 cup sugar, vanilla, water, and corn syrup.
- Make sure your pan is a thicker pan for making candy.
- Melt the butter mixture over medium heat, stirring continually.
- Then turn the heat to medium high, stirring continually.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the toffee is a golden color, or until a candy thermometer reaches 290 degrees, which is a hard ball stage.
- Pour the mixture into a greased cookie sheet.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 2-3 minutes, then sprinkle with white chips.
- This will start to warm up the chocolate, then after 1-2 minutes, smooth the chocolate over the top of the toffee with a rubber spatula.
- Mix 3 Tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together.
- Then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the melted chocolate.
- Allow the toffee to cool completely.
- When the mixture has completely cooled, take the handle of a knife and crack the toffee.
As you can see here, it is time for some new pans!;) And a new candy thermometer. Yes, I like to cook!
What is a Churro?
- A churro is a traditional Spanish and Portuguese dessert that typically looks like a fried, long, twisted donut.
- They can be straight, curled, or twisted into a spiral.
- The dough is made from a mixture of flour, water, and salt, which is then fried and dusted in cinnamon and sugar.
- They are often found at carnivals, fairs, and cultural celebrations.
If You Enjoy Copycat Recipes, Here is a Variety of Good Ones:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 278Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 49mgSodium 163mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 0gSugar 25gProtein 0g