Cinnamon Brown Sugar Apple Chips make a fantastic afternoon pick me up snack. I love that you can make these in the oven.
Also, they make such a nice healthier snack for kids of all ages. Fall is in the air and the apples are coming on. I love to make a few batches of these apple chips and store them in a bottle. The only problem is that my family can see them and they do not last very long.
I feel like the cinnamon brown sugar apple chips take place of a candy bar just because they are so sweet and delicious.
My friend gave me a jar of these once and I just knew that I had to make some. They went so quickly with my kids, that I hardly got to taste them.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Cinnamon Brown Sugar Apple Chips?
- Honey Crisp or Granny Smith Apples
- Brown Sugar
How Do I Make Cinnamon Brown Sugar Apple Chips?
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with an equal size piece of parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and the cinnamon.
- Use a slicer or a sharp knife to cut the apple slices very thin.
- Place the sliced apples onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over the apples, coating one side.
- Place the apples into the oven for one hour.
- Turn the apples over and sprinkle more cinnamon and sugar over the other side, and bake for 1 more hour.
Tips and Tricks For Cinnamon Brown Sugar Apple Chips
- Slice your apples real thin. If your apple slices are thick, they won’t be as crunchy.
- If you have a mandolin slicer, use it to slice your apples.
- Use a sugar shaker to distribute the cinnamon and sugar.
- You can also use white sugar, but I prefer the brown.
- Also if you do not want them as sweet, you can put the sugar and cinnamon on just one side of the apples.
More Delicious Apple Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 64Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 3gSugar 13gProtein 0g