Baked caramel apple french toast is a breakfast casserole that you can put together in about 15 minutes.
It is nice on Christmas morning or any other morning when you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
We even like to have it for dinner!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Baked Caramel Apple French Toast?
- Brown sugar
- Corn syrup
- Large tart apples, (I use green granny smith)
- Vanilla extract
- Day old French bread
How Do I Make Baked Caramel Apple French Toast?
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sauce pan, place the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup.
- Cook until it is well blended and it starts to thicken.
- Place the caramel in a 9″ X 13″ baking pan.
- Core and peel the apples, then slice them into a circle about 1/4″ thick.
- Put the apples on top of the caramel.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and milk, and the vanilla.
- Dip each slice of French bread into the egg mixture and then place them on top of the apples.
- Pour any remaining egg mixture on top of the bread.
- Bake, uncovered for 25 minutes.
- I like to turn the bread over and bake for another 15 minutes; however you can just leave it in the oven for the 35-40 minutes, but it makes the bottom a little too soft for me.
- Remove from the oven and spoon some of the caramel over each piece of bread.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top of french toast, if desired.
- Serve while warm.
And what is not to love about caramel apples for breakfast!?!
We love baked caramel apple french toast at our house, but it does take about 40 minutes to bake.
I use green granny smith apples because they are a little tart and bring out the flavor in this dish.
You can also take some of the caramel off of the bottom and spoon it on top of the toast, and that way you do not even need syrup!
I have only used French bread because I am afraid that other breads might go too soggy.
Can Baked Caramel Apple French Toast be Reheated?
- Yes, if you do warm it up for later, I have used the oven.
- I am not sure that the micro wave would be too great as I think that it would dry it out.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 601 Total Fat 18g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 127mg Sodium 841mg Carbohydrates 95g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 4g Sugar 37g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 17g