Chocolate peppermint patty cookies are like eating a treasured cookie. Inside each cookie is your very own peppermint patty. These cookies are so fun to take to your holiday get togethers and nobody will know how good these cookies are until they try one!
These chocolate peppermint patty cookies are not just your ordinary chocolate cookie, these come with a big surprise. They even make your breath smell better!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Chocolate Peppermint Patty Cookies?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Baking cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Peppermint patty candies
This is what the cookies look like until you bite into one, and then they have a yummy peppermint patty in the center.
How Do I Make Chocolate Peppermint Patty Cookies?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make these cookies (scroll down for the full recipe):
- In a medium bowl, place the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar; mix until nice and fluffy.
- Then add the egg and vanilla; mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, and mix just to combine.
- Cover the dough and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- From the dough, scoop out about 2 – 2 1/2 teaspoons of cookie dough for each cookie.
- Flatten the dough slightly and wrap it around a peppermint patty, making sure that the patty is completely covered.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes.
Wrap the dough around the cookie, flatten the cookie dough a bit and then place the peppermint patty in the center and roll the dough around the patty, then when you have completely covered the patty, go ahead and place it on the baking sheet. Put the smoothest side on the top!
How Do I Store, Freeze, and Reheat My Cookies?
- Store these peppermint patty cookies in an airtight container and they will stay soft for several days.
- You can store them in an airtight container in the freezer for about 6 weeks.
- Pull them out, let them defrost, and bite into that delicious peppermint surprise.
You can also use a heaping 2″ cookie scoop to make your cookies all about the same size.
Tips and Tricks for Chocolate Peppermint Patty Cookies:
- Make sure that you chill the dough for these cookies – do not skip this step.
- Sprinkle the top of these cookies with powdered sugar for a snow dusted look.
- Or sprinkle the top of these cookies with crushed candy canes for a festive look.
Here is what your dough will look like, don’t forget to let it rest in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
More Delicious Cookies For You to Enjoy:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 278Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 36mgSodium 172mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 1gSugar 31gProtein 3g