Chocolate gingersnaps make a nice twist on a cookie my grandmother use to make. They are soft and chewy with a little taste of chocolate, mixed with ginger.
Chocolate gingersnaps are such a treat; we love adding small chocolate chips. These chocolate gingersnaps can go anywhere – to a family party, neighborhood get together, or even a bridal shower.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Chocolate Gingersnaps?
- Brown sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Baking cocoa
- Ground ginger
- Baking soda
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground cloves
- Semisweet mini chips
- Coarse sugar (optional)
How Do I Make Chocolate Gingersnaps?
- In a mixing bowl, mix butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Next add the molasses and water.
- Add in the flour, cocoa, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; mix just to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Using a cookie scoop, make the dough into 1″ dough balls.
- Roll the dough balls in sugar, if desired.
- Place the dough balls onto a cookie sheet about 2″ apart.
- Bake @ 350 degrees, for about 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before removing them to a wire rack.
Tips For Changing Up Your Chocolate Gingersnaps:
- Add grated chocolate to your cookies
- Try cinnamon chips instead of chocolate chips.
- When you roll them in sugar, try a courser sugar for fun – or regular sugar works fine too.
- Use 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup applesauce instead of using 1/2 cup butter.
- Dip half of each cookie in white or dark chocolate.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 89Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 7mgSodium 82mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 0gSugar 6gProtein 1g