Carrot cake pancakes are perfect for Spring, and the only thing that is missing is the frosting. These pancakes are a must, especially if you like carrot cake. The flavor is so perfect and the pancakes are nice and fluffy.
One of these pancakes will truly fill your family for a couple of hours. We love to top ours off with some homemade maple syrup or even some almond butter.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Carrot Cake Pancakes?
- Old-fashioned oats
- Milk, regular or non dairy
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Honey (optional)
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- Vanilla extract
- Chopped pecans or walnuts
- Raisins (optional)
How Do I Make Carrot Cake Pancakes?
- In a blender add the oatmeal. Blend on medium until the oats turn into a nice flour.
- Place the blended oats into a medium size bowl.
- Add the milk and beaten eggs and allow the mixture to set for 7 – 10 minutes.
- Next add the butter that is warm, (not hot), applesauce, honey, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and vanilla extract.
- Stir just to combine.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Butter or oil the griddle or skillet with butter or coconut oil.
- Gently add the carrots, that are peeled and grated, pecans, and raisins.
- Use about 1/4 – 1/3 cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook for 2 – 4 minutes or until the pancakes are nice and brown.
- Turn the pancake over and cook the other side.
- If they are cooking too fast, turn the heat down just a little bit.
- Also if the batter is too thick, you can thin it down with more milk.
Why not start your Easter morning off with a healthier breakfast!?! Carrot, oats, cinnamon, ginger, pecans and if your little ones like raisins, be my guest and add some of those too. Don’t tell my husband because I didn’t add any in his. Not my favorite.;)
Tips and Tricks For Carrot Cake Pancakes:
- If you don’t care for pecans, leave them out, the pancakes will still taste great.
- You can grate any size of carrots that you have. (I just happened to have 3 carrots left in my garden from last year and they were perfect. They were in a protected area and I just left them in the garden all winter).
- To really get fancy, instead of adding syrup, you could add nut butter, peanut butter or even some whipped topping.
More Delicious Pancake Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 170Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 39mgSodium 185mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 6g