Butterscotch Frito Snacks is a simple easy treat. My neighbor use to make these salty, yet sweet, treats and you are going to love them. You can make it into bark or even separate the Fritos to let them cool and just break it into small pieces. You get to choose.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Butterscotch Frito Snacks?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these Snacks (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Butterfinger candy bars or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Milk chocolate chips
- Butterscotch chips
- Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, chopped
- Crushed Pretzels
- Nuts of your choice
- Swirl White Chips and Dark Chocolate Chips, and leave it swirled
- Fritos Original corn chips
How Do I Make Butterscotch Frito Snacks?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make these Snacks (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Chop peanut butter cups into small pieces or crush butterfingers candy bars until you have 1 cup.
- Line a 10″ X 15″ baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper
- Place the milk chocolate chips and the butterscotch chips into a microwave safe bowl, and microwave until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Then place the Fritos onto the cookie sheet.
- Pour the chocolate over the top of the Fritos and stir.
- After spreading the Fritos evenly, sprinkle the chopped or crushed pieces of candy bar over the top.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- You can now break the mixture into smaller pieces, or cut them into squares with a knife.
Tips and Tricks For Butterscotch Frito Snacks:
- Use the original Frito chips that have NO FLAVORING. (No barbecue Frito chips and no scoops, just the originals).
- You can use any candy bars that you like.
- Gently press the chopped candy into the chocolate before it sets up, this will allow the candy to stick to the chocolate better.
- Don’t worry too much about breaking up the Frito’s as they will stay together well, with the melted chocolate.
- When melting the chocolate in the microwave, either melt it in 30 second or 1 minute intervals on power level 5.
- Chop the bark with a sharp knife or break with your finger into chunks.
- Place the bark in a cut bag or a clear bag and give to friends or family.
- Another trick is to just use butterscotch chips and do not break up the Frito’s and tell your youngsters that this is called “Witch Fingers”.
- Use different colored sprinkles for different holidays (this snack is not necessarily just for Halloween)!
More Delicious Snacks for You to Enjoy:
- 1 cup crushed Butterfinger candy bars or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, chopped into chunks
- 2 Cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 Cups Butterscotch chips or 1 (11.5 ounce) bag
- 4 cups Fritos Original corn chips
1. Chop peanut butter cups into small pieces or crush butterfingers candy bars (depending on which one you have decided to use) until you have 1 cup.
2. Line a 10" X 15" baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper
3. Place the milk chocolate chips and the butterscotch chips into a microwave safe bowl, and microwave on power level 5, stopping the microwave ever minute to stir, until the chocolate is completely melted.
4. Then place the Fritos onto the cookie sheet.
5. Pour the chocolate over the top of the Fritos and stir, crushing the Fritos slightly while covering them. This makes it easier to spread the mixture.
6. After spreading the Fritos evenly, sprinkle the chopped or crushed pieces of candy bar over the top. Or if you want you can omit the candy bar pieces, and you can just sprinkle sprinkles over the top. Or you can do both.
7. Allow the mixture to cool completely on the counter, or you can even put it in the refrigerator for 45-60 minutes.
8. You can now break the mixture into smaller pieces, or cut them into squares with a knife.
Amount Per Serving Calories 977Total Fat 56gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 30gCholesterol 9mgSodium 591mgCarbohydrates 112gFiber 5gSugar 52gProtein 11g