Banana chocolate chip muffins are a fun addition to breakfast or a nice little snack to get you through the day. They are easy to make and easy to enjoy.
I like to store my banana chocolate chip muffins in an air tight container on the cupboard, but I will tell you that they are never stored long because they disappear quickly.
What Ingredients Do I Need for Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins?
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Mini chocolate chips
How Do I Make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins?
- In a mixing bowl, place the butter and sugar.
- Mix together, until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Next, add in the bananas, peanut butter, milk and vanilla.
- Than add the flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips, and mix just until blended.
- Prepare a muffin pan by greasing, or lining them with muffin cupcake papers.
- Fill each one 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle each one with just a little bit of sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the center of each muffin comes out clean, when checked with a toothpick.
- When the muffins are done, remove them from the pan and place them on a wire rack.
Tips and Tricks for Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins:
- If your family enjoys pecans or walnuts you could also add some nuts to the mix. I use about 2/3 cup chopped pecans. But some kids do not care for nuts so the chocolate chips are enough.
- Also, the sprinkled sugar on top is just a nice little twist, so if you want, you can just go ahead and leave the sugar off. They are still amazing.
- If you do not have mini chocolate chips, you could use regular.
This is what the batter looks like.
More Delicious Muffins:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 432Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 51mgSodium 338mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 3gSugar 33gProtein 8g