Baked Spaghetti is packed with olives, tomatoes, and mushrooms; so many wonderful ingredients. When these ingredients are combined, they make a very tasty meal. This dish is one of my go to meals.
This dish isn’t the most beautiful dish, but as we all know, “looks aren’t everything.” Make this dish when you want a dish that tastes amazing. If I am ever cooking for a neighbor in need, this is what I choose. It is a nice change from regular spaghetti. Your family will be surprised at how wonderful the cheese and vegetables all go together.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Baked Spaghetti?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this Spaghetti (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Olive oil
- Ground beef
- Can or quart of tomatoes with liquid
- Can mushrooms
- Sliced or chopped black olives
- Dried oregano
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Grated Parmesan cheese
How Do I Make Baked Spaghetti?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make this Spaghetti (scroll down for the full recipe):
- In a pan, cook spaghetti and drain.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, then drain off any liquids.
- Add chopped onion, salt, and pepper, and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Place tomatoes with liquid, mushrooms, olives, and dried oregano in the pan and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a slightly greased 9″ X 13′” glass pan or cake pan, place 1/2 of the cooked spaghetti in the bottom, then put half of the ground beef mixture on top of the noodles.
- Place one cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top of ground beef mixture.
- Then repeat with other half of noodles, other half of ground beef mixture, and other cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a bowl, mix a (10 3/4 ounce) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup (undiluted) and 1/2 soup can of water, until nice and smooth; place the soup mixture on top of the assembled spaghetti dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
Can I Make Baked Spaghetti, Gluten Free?
- Yes, you could put zoodles in it, in place of the spaghetti! Zoodles are noodles made from zucchini. They are so good!
- Use the cheese and ground beef topped off with some tomatoes and cheese.
- You would need to leave the soup off of the top – just add cheese.
Okay, I know that this baked spaghetti doesn’t look like the best meal ever, but I am here to tell you, it is so good. I have taken this recipe to friends when they have been sick and they have always asked me for the recipe. It is my go to when I cannot decide what to eat for dinner.
My son that doesn’t care for olives; I just tell him to pick them out. Also, I guess that you can make the tomatoes smaller and that way those who do not care for tomatoes won’t have anything to complain about. I also love the mushrooms in it, they just help everything go together so well. But whatever you do and don’t put in it, you have just got to try it!
Tips and Tricks For Baked Spaghetti:
- Under-cook the spaghetti. Otherwise, it may turn out a little mushy, so if you under-cook it by a few minutes, it works out well.
- You can use any can of creamed soup in place of the can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Substitute ground turkey for ground beef, if desired.
Try this baked spaghetti today and you will be glad that you did.
More Easy Main Dish Recipes:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef (cooked and drained)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 can or quart of tomatoes with liquid (cut or diced)
- 1 (4 oz.) can mushrooms (drained)
- 1 (2 oz.) can sliced or chopped black olives (drained)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 12 oz. package of spaghetti (cooked and drained)
- 2 cups or 1 (8 oz.) pkg shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1/2 of the soup can, of water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef in olive oil, then drain off any liquids.
- Add onion, salt, and pepper, and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Place tomatoes, mushrooms, olives and oregano in the pan and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a slightly greased 9" X 13'" glass pan or cake pan, place 1/2 of the cooked spaghetti in the bottom, then put half of the beef and vegetable mixture on top of the noodles.
- Next you place one cup of the grated cheese on top of meat and vegetable mixture.
- Then repeat with noodles, meat and vegetables and more cheese.
- Mix the soup and the water until nice and smooth; place the soup mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Amount Per Serving Calories 272Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 56mgSodium 531mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 18g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix