Apple cinnamon baked oatmeal is the breakfast of champions. My husband is trying to eat healthier and so I decided that I would try and do the same. He is doing better than I am.;)
It seems like everywhere I go, there are so many sweets. I had a reception last week and I have a baby shower tonight. Then my sweet neighbor brought me two big delicious cookies! I did really well, I only ate one and I gave the other one to my son! Ha ha.
I keep telling myself that tomorrow is the day that I will start and get off of the sugar. Then I go to a get together and I just can’t be rude and hurt people’s feelings!!!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal?
- Rolled oats
- Almond butter
- Coconut milk or regular milk
- Baking powder
- Chia seeds
- Gala or apple of your choice
- Walnuts (optional)
How Do I Make Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal?
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
- Add the oatmeal and the almond butter.
- Beat in the egg and add the milk, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and chia seeds.
- Mix until the mixture is just combined, not too much.
- Fold in the apple and the nuts.
- Place the batter into a muffin tin that has been lined with muffin liners or sprayed with cooking spray.
- Fill 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until cake tester or wooden pick comes out of the center of the oatmeal and is clean.
- Remove from the muffin pan and enjoy.
- Can be frozen and warmed in the microwave later.
Then i was listening to this pod cast and it said we need to be accountable for our actions. We need to tell on ourselves and figure out just what it is that we want in life. To get up or to lay in bed.
Maybe we need to report to someone and be accountable to someone. I am sure that I do. And I also need to remind myself that I can enjoy healthy food just as much as I can enjoy not so healthy food. And we all know that it makes us feel better when we eat better.
How Do I Pick Good Apples for Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal?
- Check the apple’s firmness.
- Pick up the apple and gently press a small area of the fruit’s skin.
- It should be firm to the touch.
- Avoid apples that are noticeably soft, discolored, or indent easily after you press the skin.
So, here is my challenge for the next five weeks, I am eating whole foods. And that is the reason that I decided to make apple cinnamon baked oatmeal. And you know what, oatmeal helps lower your cholesterol. I don’t know if you are like me and have to watch yours, but this is a great recipe to help with that.
You can also add raisins if you like or craisins. I can’t say that I love raisins so I usually don’t add them to the whole batch, but I usually add them to half because some of my family really like them. I also have one picky kid that won’t eat them, I can take them or leave them, but I just prefer chocolate chips. Maybe I will make some more in five weeks and add chocolate!:) Have a wonderful weekend.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 170Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 15mgSodium 70mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 5g