Pumpkin cream cheese muffins are so moist and creamy! And since it is the last day of October, who can resist making these for those friendly little ghosts and goblins.
They are truly a treat. If you are not wanting them to be so sweet, just leave the streusel off, because they are still so yummy and tasty.
Add a bowl of chili for tonight and you are good to go. You will be so excited to try these muffins, they are for sure a big hit around my house.
What are Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins?
They are super moist muffins, full of spices, and a cream cheese surprise in the middle mixed with the pumpkin.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins?
- Vegetable oil
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice*
- Baking soda
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Brown sugar
How Do I Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins?
- For the filling, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and the vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Then while you make the muffins, place the cream cheese mixture in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, add the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and the butter; mix with a fork or a pastry blender, (used for making pie crust) until it is combined.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar and eggs.
- Then add the oil/apple sauce, pumpkin and butter milk.
- On top of that mixture, add the cinnamon, ginger, cloves, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda and flour. Mix.
- Grease 24 muffin cups or you can use muffin papers.
- Place dough into the muffin pan filling the tin only until it is 1/4 of the way full, then add a teaspoon of cream cheese filling.
- Place more of the muffin batter on top to make it 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle some of the streusel on top of each muffin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
*Buttermilk and Pumpkin Pie Spice
- * For the buttermilk use regular milk and add a teaspoon of vinegar.
- * Pumpkin pie spice. Combine cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Mix and save any extra for another recipe.
Just out of curiosity, do your pumpkins grow legs in the night and walk off? I think that it is really interesting, I have lived in my home for 21 years and we have never had a pumpkin taken.
When we lived in our last home in a different town, people would take our pumpkins the night of Halloween and then you would find pumpkins all over the road the next morning!
I always threatened to get on the roof, with a bucket of water and catch the person who was doing it. I never got the chance and we moved. Besides that, it is not very warm the end of October! It was around 40 degrees last night and to get on top of the roof would be even colder. I decided that they could have my pumpkins. Lol.
Streusel Or No Streusel?
- You will have to let me know if you like the pumpkin cream cheese muffins with the streusel topping or without?
- I like it either way, I guess it depends on if I want a little extra sugar in my diet for the day.
- Streusel is everyone’s favorite part of most muffins.
The reason I ask about the pumpkins is because my daughter put 5 pumpkins on her porch and the next morning when her daughter who is 3 went outside, she asked her mom where the pumpkins were!
I had also taken her son and daughter to the pumpkin patch to pick a pumpkin and my grandson’s pumpkin was pretty big! My granddaughter’s was white. Well my grandson threw a fit and said “mom, don’t put my pumpkin outside, someone might steal it”!
Good thing she didn’t put his pumpkin or my granddaughter’s white one out on the porch. Anyway, I guess we live in a non stealing pumpkin area and for that I say “Thank you neighbors for raising respectful kids”!
I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Halloween. Don’t forget to have those friends and family over for some yummy muffins!
Making Buttermilk and Pumpkin Pie Spice for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins:
- To make the buttermilk, use regular milk and add a teaspoon of vinegar.
Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- To make the Pumpkin pie spice, combine 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cloves, and 1/2 teaspoon ginger.
- Mix, and save any extra that you may have, to use at another time for another recipe.
More Pumpkin Muffin Favorites:
*Buttermilk and Pumpkin Pie Spice
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 274 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 37mg Sodium 182mg Carbohydrates 38g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 23g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 3g