Slow cooker chili is wonderful to put together. Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and forget it. I like to make this when I am not in the mood to stay in the kitchen all day.
Spring is almost here, and today was just a little bit chili, and so that is why I decided to make slow cooker chili.
Add some cornbread, and your meal will be complete. This cornbread is one of my favorites: fluffy cornbread.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Slow Cooker Chili?
- Ground beef
- Kidney beans
- Stewed tomatoes
- Pizza sauce
- Green chilies
- Chili powder
- Garlic cloves
- Dried basil
How Do I Make Slow Cooker Chili?
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain any left over fat.
- Transfer the beef to a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, pizza sauce, salt, green chilies, onion, chili powder, garlic cloves, dried basil and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for up to 6 hours or until all the vegetables are tender.
Tips and Tricks For Slow Cooker Chili:
- Ground beef is great in this chili, or if you don’t want meat, go ahead and add another can of beans.
- Use kidney beans or pinto beans; either one goes very nice in this chili
- Pizza sauce gives this Chili a wonderful flavor.
- Chopped green chilis gives the Chili just the right amount of kick.
How Long Can You Cook Chili in a Slow Cooker?
- Chili is one of those foods that taste better the longer it cooks.
- Chili can be cooked overnight, using a slow cooker for up to 8 hours.
- Set the slow cooker on low temperature and keep track of the cooking time.
- Any longer than 8 hours and the beef and beans break down and become overcooked.
More Tasty Soups For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 240Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 67mgSodium 249mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 22g