Moist Apple Banana Bread is moist and packed with flavor. It makes a perfect afternoon snack, or it is a great way to start the day.
Apple banana bread isn’t too crumbly and it stays so nice and moist.
Do you remember the song “Apples and Bananas”? I think Barney the big purple dinosaur use to sing it when my kids were little! You may want to sing it while you eat this wonderful bread. Ha ha.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Moist Apple Banana Bread?
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Sour cream, or plain yogurt
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Apples, cored, peeled and cubed
- Nuts (optional)
How Do I Make Moist Apple Banana Bread?
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, sugars, and the eggs.
- Next, add the sour cream or yogurt, banana, and the vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and the nutmeg.
- Stir well.
- Gently add the apples and nuts.
- Pour the batter into two small, or one large, well greased loaf tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 30 minutes for small pans, or about 45-55 minutes for large pans.
- Test the bread for doneness by using a wooden toothpick.
- Remove the bread from the oven.
- Gently remove it from the pan onto the wire rack and allow the bread to cool.
How Ripe Should Bananas Be For Apple Banana Bread?
- You want your bananas to be, at the very least, yellow with brown spots.
- Or, at most, they can be solid black.
- The more ripe the bananas, the sweeter they are.
How Do I Keep Apple Banana Bread Moist?
- Store your banana bread properly in an airtight container at room temperature to keep the moisture in and maximize the shelf life.
- Keeping your banana bread out of the fridge can also help, as the cold air often dries out baked goods.
How Long Does Apple Banana Bread Last?
- Apple banana bread will last up to 5 days on the counter at room temperature if you keep it stored in an airtight container.
- You can freeze Apple Banana Bread for up to 3-4 months.
Tips and Tricks For Moist Apple Banana Bread:
- This is a great way to use up bananas that are starting to over ripen.
- Sour cream is one of those amazing baking secrets that helps to add richness and moisture. However, it is completely unnoticeable once baked into goods.
- Also, you may want to add some pecans or walnuts to give it a little extra crunch. That is up to you.
More Delicious Quick Bread Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 276Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 54mgSodium 315mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 2gSugar 17gProtein 5g