Chocolate, with chocolate chips and just a touch of cinnamon, make this double chocolate banana bread amazing. The sour cream makes it nice and moist. This bread is a fun change to regular banana bread or double chocolate bread. It is the best of both breads!
I had some dark bananas and I knew that this was just the recipe to use up those bananas. If you have some darker bananas, this is a great way for you to use them up. I used to put those dark bananas in the freezer and save them, until one day I was looking in the freezer and one of those frozen bananas fell out and landed on my toe!
So from that day on, I decided to either use those brown bananas up or throw them out! Otherwise they might come back to bite you, or smash your toe. This is a bread that you can make ahead and freeze. Make some today for Super-Bowl Sunday or just for any occasion when you want a delicious snack!
Could there ever be any thing better than eating chocolate bread and chocolate chips and then add some banana to the mix. My little grand kids think that this bread is the best stuff ever.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Double Chocolate Banana Bread?
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Ripe Bananas
- Sour cream
- Walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Chocolate chips
How Do I Make Double Chocolate Banana Bread?
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until, nice and fluffy.
- Then add the eggs, mix well.
- Slowly add the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and the cocoa.
- Mix in the bananas, sour cream,nuts and the chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare two bread pans, by greasing and flouring.
- Spoon the batter into the pans and bake the bread for 55-60 minutes or until the center comes out clean when checked with a wooden pick or a cake tester.
This double chocolate banana bread is such a beautiful bread and for a fancier look, you could place some chopped pecans on top placing them on top of the dough right before baking the bread. It is a very nice treat to take to a neighbor or even give to someone that is having a birthday.
I promise you will not be disappointed if you make double chocolate banana bread. It is a very soft and moist bread and my kids can eat it in 1-2 days. I like to make it for an after school snack, simply because it is not like cookies, you put it in the pan and walk away.
Oh, don’t get me wrong, I do love cookies, but sometimes I just feel a little lazy so I do not want to stand in the kitchen and scoop out cookies. Plus, my husband likes uniform cookies. I guess that is why he is a blue personality and I am a red.
It is like they say opposites attract. And if there wasn’t a red in the group, things just might never get done. That’s it is okay because when he does something, he does it right! He is a great guy and I can not complain. Enjoy!!
Tips and Tricks For Double Chocolate Banana Bread:
- I know that you are suppose to mix the bananas in later, but I just put them after I put in the eggs. I think it works out great!
- Sometimes if I use mini chocolate chips, I use 3/4 cup.
- And if you enjoy cinnamon like I do, add 3/4 teaspoon.
More Quick Breads For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 220Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 43mgSodium 269mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 3g