Lemon Herb Chicken Ring is a recipe that I got from a friend of mine. Her name is Sib (short for Sylvia); she never cared for her name, but I think that it is a beautiful name. So today when I knew that I was going to have a busy day I went to the grocery store.
It was early and I asked the gentleman that worked there where the Rotisserie chickens were? He told me that they were back in the Deli area. So I quickly headed back there to get one, however when I got there, the man that was cooking them told me that they would be done in 25 minutes.
I didn’t care to wait and so I came home and used 2 (12.5 ounce) cans of chicken. The Lemon Herb Chicken Ring turned out awesome.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Lemon Herb Chicken Ring?
- Red bell pepper
- Lemon zest
- Fresh parsley
- Garlic clove
- Mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- Refrigerated crescent rolls
How Do I Make Lemon Herb Chicken Ring?
- In a large bowl add the chicken, diced bell pepper, lemon zest, and chopped parsley.
- Then add the minced garlic, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, and 1/4 cup or the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Mix it well.
- I like to place a bowl that is about 5-7′ wide in the center of either a baking sheet or a pizza stone.
- Separate the crescent dough into triangles.
- Arrange the triangles with the widest part toward the bowl, making a circle, and you will need to overlap the triangles, about half way for each one.
- Spoon the chicken mixture evenly on top of the wide part of the triangles, I like to use a large cookie scoop.
- Bring the point of the triangles up over the filling and pinch the narrow part and the wide part together.
- It will not completely cover the filling.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese over the ring.
- Bake @ 375 degrees for 22-26 minutes depending on your oven, the crescents will be golden brown; make sure the center is not doughy.
- Garnish with lemons, and remaining parsley.
- Slice into pieces and enjoy.
What Kinds of Chicken can I Use in Lemon Herb Chicken Ring?
- Instead of cooking some chicken for this recipe, you could use leftover cut-up cooked chicken or canned chicken.
- Or you could pick up a deli rotisserie chicken at the supermarket.
- Remove chicken from bones and shred.
Can I Use a Different Cheese than Parmesan Cheese?
- You could use Cheddar, Swiss, Colby Jack, Monterey Jack or whatever cheese you prefer!
What are Some Good Garnishments for Lemon Herb Chicken Ring?
- I like to garnish it with fresh lemon, parsley, and a little dollop of sour cream.
One nice thing about this Lemon Herb Chicken Ring is that you can have it on the table in less than 1 hour. Perfect for those crazy, busy, summer days or any time of year!
What Would be Good to Serve With Lemon Herb Chicken Ring?
- You could serve with a Kale Salad.
- Or a Caesar Salad from my blogging friend, Alyssa’s blog; the Recipe Critic.
More Great Crescent Roll Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 243Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 52mgSodium 313mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 13g