Key Lime Cream Pie is a real treat. Spring is here and it is so nice to have a refreshing dessert. You may want to make it for Memorial Day coming up; your guests will not be disappointed.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Key Lime Cream Pie?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this Pie (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Pecan shortbread cookies
- Heavy whipping cream
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Coconut extract
- Cream cheese
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Key lime juice
- *Optional Garnishments: Limes, maraschino cherries, chopped toasted almonds, toasted coconut
How Do I Make Key Lime Cream Pie?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make this Pie (scroll down for the full recipe):
- In a food processor, place the short bread cookies, and mix until crushed.
- Add the butter to the crushed cookies.
- Next place the cookie crumbs into the bottom of a lightly greased 9″ deep dish pie plate.
- In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream until it starts to thicken. Then add the confectioners sugar and the coconut extract; mix.
- In a medium bowl, place the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and the lime juice, and mix.
- Gently fold in 2 cups of the whipping cream mixture.
- Next place this mixture into the prepared crust, and make the mixture nice and smooth.
- Then add the rest of the cream to the top of the pie, making it nice and fluffy.
- Garnish as desired.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
One of the things that sets key lime cream pie apart form other desserts is it unique combination of sweet and tart flavors all together. The lime custard is both rich and zesty, and when added to the butter pecan crust, and creamy whipped cream, creates a perfect balance that is perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth. You can even eat it for breakfast;)
Tips and Tricks for Key Lime Cream Pie:
- Now if you are like me and live out in the country, you may want to order key lime juice online or you can even use regular lime juice and it will not be that big of a deal.
- We love using the pecan cookies for the crust, it is just such a nice change from graham crackers, but if you want you can still use a graham cracker crust.
- You can also make your Key Lime Cream Pie as pretty as you want. Top it off with Maraschino cherries, toasted coconut, toasted almonds or even some swirls of cream and limes.
The smooth and tangy lime custard filling is made with fresh key lime juice, and topped off with real whip cream.
Key Lime Cream Pie comes together fairly quick, but you do need about 3-4 hours to let it set up in the refrigerator.
More Pies For You to Enjoy:
- 1 (11.3 ounce) package pecan shortbread cookies, crushed (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese @ room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- Garnish with limes, maraschino cherries, chopped toasted almonds, or toasted coconut. (optional)
In a food processor, place the short bread cookies, and mix until crushed.
Add the butter to the crushed cookies.
Next place the cookie crumbs into the bottom of a lightly greased 9" deep dish
In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream until it starts to thicken. Then add the confectioners’ sugar and the coconut extract; mix to incorporate the sugar and extract.
In a medium bowl, place the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and the lime
juice and mix until well blended.
Gently fold in 2 cups of the whipping cream mixture, that way the cream stays nice and fluffy.
Next place the mixture into the prepared crust and mix until smooth.
Then add the rest of the sweetened cream to the top of the pie. +
Place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours until the pie is set.
Garnish as desired.
Keep the pie refrigerated.
Amount Per Serving Calories 376Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 103mgSodium 88mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 10gProtein 3g