Homemade Oreos with a Twist, just in time for Halloween. These cookies are made with cream cheese frosting that has crushed Oreos in the frosting and are left open faced. They are perfect for this time of year and such a great cookie for youngsters to have a lot of fun decorating.
They make up really fast and they are great for last minute get togethers.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Homemade Oreos with a Twist?
- Devils Food Cake Mix
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
How Do I Make Homemade Oreos with a Twist?
- With a mixer, mix together the cake mix, eggs and butter.
- Mix until they are well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll the cookie dough into 2″ balls.
- Place on a baking sheet, making sure that the cookie balls have plenty of room to spread out.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and place onto a wire rack to cool.
- After the cookies have cooled, frost with the Oreo cream cheese frosting.
- In a mixing bowl add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and the vanilla extract.
- Mix to combine.
- Add the crushed Oreos; stirring them in by hand.
Tips and Tricks For Homemade Oreos with a Twist:
- Do not flatten your dough balls before cooking. They will flatten on their own and should cool with craggy tops.
- Don’t overcook your cookies.
- If you don’t want to leave the cookies open faced, you can frost a cookie and then put another cookie on top to make a sandwich cookie, however, these cookies are large.
- Let your cookies cool completely before frosting.
- Adding crushed Oreos to your cream cheese frosting makes it just like cookies and cream, but if you want to leave the crushed Oreos out, the cookies are still fabulous.
- You can even put crushed Oreos in the cookie mix and make them even more chocolatey.
Decorating Options for Homemade Oreos with a Twist:
- Leave your cookies open faced, (or at least some of them).
- Pipe frosting on to the cookies in a circle.
- Use different flavors of frosting.
- Seasonal sprinkles or decorations are fun to use, especially if you are leaving the cookies open faced.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 308Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 46mgSodium 306mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 0gSugar 38gProtein 2g