Green Goddess Salad is amazing, so I wanted to share the recipe with my friends.
I was looking for something that would be a little healthier and I know how good cabbage is for you, and the dressing is just incredible. I hope your family and friends enjoy it as much as mine do.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Green Goddess Salad?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this salad (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Green cabbage (or Iceberg lettuce)
- Green onions
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Olive oil
- Rice vinegar
- Garlic Cloves
- Chives (optional)
- Walnuts, cashews, or nut of yours choice
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh spinach
- Nutritional yeast
How Do I Make Green Goddess Salad?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make this salad (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Place all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Place the liquid ingredients in a blender, then add the dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and mix together well.
Feel free to add any vegetables that you want. Here is a suggested list to choose from:
- Red or green leaf lettuce
- Yellow peppers
- Beans and legumes
- Sunflower seeds
- Flax seeds
- Brussels sprouts
- Green peas
- Swiss chard
- Avocado oil
- Collard greens
Or any others that you can think of.
The dressing makes this salad fabulous. Just look at how many good tasting ingredients in that dressing!
So this is my little secret because I am not a big pesto fan – I used 1/2 the amount of basil, but you can use the full cup if you like!
What is the Difference Between Yeast and Nutritional Yeast?
- Nutritional yeast and active dry yeast are not interchangeable ingredients.
- Nutritional yeast is a deactivated yeast that is used, especially by vegans, to thicken sauces and mimic the flavor of Parmesan cheese.
- Active, dry yeast is an activated yeast usually included in breads to make them rise.
More Delicious Salads:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 232Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 0mgSodium 408mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 5gSugar 10gProtein 7g