Fresh Peach Dessert is the perfect way to finish off your meal, or just for a treat at snack time. These peaches remind me of my youth when we bottled peaches. It was fun to work with my mother and my sisters (and once in a while, some of my brothers) to wash the peaches, peel them, and put them in the mason jars with the juice that we had prepared.
I think that the most fun was to listen for the pop of the lids sealing after the jars of peaches had been processed in the pressure cooker. Those were moments of anticipation. It was also very rewarding to open up a bottle of peaches to eat in the middle of winter, knowing that I had contributed to preserving that bottle of fruit. Do you have memories of bottling fruit?
You will love this dessert with the fresh peaches. There is nothing that is better than a juicy, fresh peach. When peaches are in season, it is time to make this Fresh Peach Dessert!
- 1 (14 ounce) Package of cream filled vanilla cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) pkg. cream cheese (softened)
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 10 fresh peaches (sliced)
- Crush cookies and put into a 9" X 13" pan.
- Place in freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Whip cream and add 1 cup powdered sugar and vanilla; take out half and set it aside.
- Mix cream cheese in 1 part of the whipping cream.
- Place on cookies.
- Then add sliced fresh peaches.
- Take the remaining whipped cream and place on top of peaches.
- Garnish the top with a few cookie crumbs if desired.