Easy poppy seed chicken is a very versatile dish, depending on what you put with it. It is kind of like your fancy jeans, add a nice shirt you have a nicer outfit; dress in a more casual shirt and that works great too.
With your easy poppy seed chicken, you can add green beans, and a nice roll, along with a salad, making this dish pretty formal. Add some green beans and a few chips and it makes it casual!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Easy Poppy Seed Chicken?
- Chicken breasts
- Cream of chicken soup
- Sour cream
- Ritz crackers or Town House
- Poppy seeds
How Do I Make Easy Poppy Seed Chicken?
- In a large pot, add enough water to cover the chicken.
- Boil the chicken until it is completely cooked.
- After the chicken is cooked, place it into a 9″ X 13″ pan and shred it.
- Mix the cream of chicken soup and the sour cream together in a medium bowl.
- Pour the mixture on top of the shredded chicken.
- Melt the butter.
- Add the crushed crackers, to the butter.
- Place the crackers on top of the soup mixture and sprinkle the top of the casserole with poppy seeds.
- Cover the dish with a piece of aluminum foil and place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Can Poppy Seeds Cause a Positive Drug Test?
- Poppy Seeds can contain high enough levels of the opioid to trigger a positive result on some types of drug urine tests.
- Even though most of the opium is removed from the poppy seeds during processing, sometimes, the seeds sold for use in foods still have a significant amount of opium – and thus morphine – in them.
- There is not enough to make a person “high”, but enough that could trigger a positive drug test result.
- For this reason most drug tests have been modified so that a positive result will not happen.
Do Poppy Seeds Have Any Nutritional Value?
- Poppy seeds are actually quite nutritional.
- Poppy seeds are loaded with copper, iron, and calcium.
Tips and Tricks For Easy Poppy Seed Chicken?
- This is a fast and easy go to recipe, and if you have canned chicken or even a rotisserie chicken, it works up even faster.
- You could also use other cream soups, but I just like the cream of chicken and I have never tried other cream soups in this recipe.
- You could also use turkey instead of chicken; that would be a great way to use left over turkey around Thanksgiving time.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 268Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 100mgSodium 225mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 24g