Easy Parmesan Chicken Pasta is so quick and easy, you can have it on the table in about 30 minutes. Let’s face it, some days there just isn’t a lot of time to cook. If you are in a real hurry, you can even use a Rotisserie chicken.
It is fun to add some french bread and a vegetable and you have your whole meal. I am happy to say that even a younger child could whip up a batch of easy parmesan chicken pasta.
One thing that I like to do is buy chicken in bulk. Then, when I get home, I will place the chicken breast on a cookie sheet and salt and pepper them. Turn the oven onto 375 degrees and let them cook. They are usually done in 35-40 minutes.
However if your chicken breasts are smaller, then you will want to make sure that you watch them. When the juices rum clear or the center is no longer pink or if you have meat thermometer, then it needs to read 160 degrees.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Easy Parmesan Chicken Pasta?
- Olive oil
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Italian powdered salad dressing
- Rigatoni pasta
- Spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
How Do I Make Easy Parmesan Chicken Pasta?
- In a large 10-12″ skillet, cook chicken in olive oil over medium heat.
- Season chicken with about 1/2 tsp salt and about 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Then sprinkle chicken with dry Italian dressing while it is cooking.
- Cook chicken until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- Shred chicken or cut into bite size pieces.
- Place chicken, noodles, and sauce back in the pan.
- Place mozzarella cheese and then the Parmesan cheese on top, cover until cheese is melted.
Sprinkle some Italian seasoning on the chicken; open a can or bottle of spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce, add cooked noodles and cheese and you are good to go. If you are serving more than 5 or 6 people, you will want to double the recipe. My family of 5 has this slicked up in nothing flat.
If I were you, I would put this on my menu plan for once or twice a month. I am pretty sure you will be pleased that you did. It is a real treat and so perfect for those last minute meals that we all need once or twice in awhile.
If you are not big on the bigger noodles, then go ahead and use whatever noodles you like. We just really enjoy the rigatoni noodles. I love how the sauce gets up into the noodles and then they are covered with delicious cheese.
Tips and Tricks For Easy Parmesan Chicken Pasta:
- If you do not have lid for your pan, you could place the pan in the oven and set the oven on broil.(Low) Make sure you do not get it too close to the heat or otherwise it will turn the cheese crunchy or even burn. Put the rack one level above the middle of the oven.
- Another little trick if you do not have Italian salad dressing, you may want to add 2 teaspoons of Italian herbs.
- Some people also like black olives in this dish, unfortunately we have 3 people in our family who do not like olives. Hmmmm
More Quick and Easy Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 298Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 51mgSodium 526mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 21g